I found out t5's dont like drag radials and turbos...

BK_CAULEY

it's built for speed not longevity, woman
Dec 26, 2006
Thomasville, ga
haha. went to the track this weekend and ran on 100% OEM suspension. still had factory struts and shocks from 93. the only change it front sway is gone. put some drag radials on and let her rip.

Im so ashamed of my ET's and 60 ft's im not even gonna post them. lol. my MPH was decent. stayed at a consistant 121 and had a best of 122.4

I also managed to get the drivers side tire about 2-3" off the ground.

SDC10653.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Whacha got done to the engine? I've been trying to read up on any information I can find on turbo setups as I've been thinking about going this route. GT is looking good btw.

the engine is a stock bottom end with a set of ported to hell 205 TW heads and a typhoon intake. nothing crazy. im fixing to swap in a 4r70 as my t5 exploded and get me suspension sorted out and hopefully by tax time i can get a dart or similar set up.

You tune it or get it tuned? What cam you running? I was planning on boosting my stock 150K mile short block as I *think* I have my oil burning problem figured out and it isn't rings. I have a set of TW 170's ready to go, I need to scrape up an intake and supporting mod too. Haven't decided if I am going to stick with the stock cam or not yet.

It was most likely the 500+ftlbs of tq you have...what 60ft did you have when it finally broke? 120 will get you deep 11's, high 10's

Ive got a customers car that makes 650/600 on 9psi and I can't get the radials to hook at all, even from a 4th gear roll it destroys the tires as boost comes on....I put a TKO900 in it, clutch was my worry I see a dual disc in the future but for now it holds very nice.

Badass, man. It seems like stick shift turbo guys have a hard time nailing down their ETs at first. How quickly does the car get into boost?

I leave on 0 lbs and by the top of first i have boost. that .68 housing works miracles.

It was most likely the 500+ftlbs of tq you have...what 60ft did you have when it finally broke? 120 will get you deep 11's, high 10's

Ive got a customers car that makes 650/600 on 9psi and I can't get the radials to hook at all, even from a 4th gear roll it destroys the tires as boost comes on....I put a TKO900 in it, clutch was my worry I see a dual disc in the future but for now it holds very nice.

I had to go look at my slips. It was a 1.9 60. one of the sucky ones. and first and second held. i went to third and as soon as it cane into boost it ripped the input shaft out of the trans. And i would LOVE to see some low 11's high 10's.

Are you kidding me?????? You were at SOUTH GA Motorsports Park this weekend??? I was there for the shootout, and walked up to your car and looked under the hood. Everyone around your car gave me weird looks. It took me a couple seconds to put two and two together. Nice fox!

Lol your 60s were pretty good. But your car was pulling hard for sure.

I really would have liked to meet you.

Huh thats odd. but yea i had a few buddies there. and yea some of my buddies are kinda weird about people messing with our cars. we have been sabotaged before believe it or not. and yea my 60 foot times sucked balls. either my clutch would start to slip or i would spin bad. i had like 2 good launches and about 10-15' out when i hit boost the tires would blow off.

did you see me grenade the trans? i wish they would have got a pic of that run. hooked good and pulled out hard then boom. Figures the only clean jump i make it would blow up. oh well

i had like 2 good launches and about 10-15' out when i hit boost the tires would blow off.

how were you releasing the clutch pedal?

Also, getting the radials on a wider rim will help them alot. Switching from an 8 to a 10 for me made a big difference, even on the street.

I would bet that when you do the suspension you are still going to have this problem. Radials with a stick are pretty tricky, and its definitly alot harder on the clutch. I switched from 275/60s to 28x10.5 stiff walls and i like the slick much better, just dump the clutch and go. After about 20-25 passes on the radials my best 60' was a 1.53... you have to basically ride the clutch till you are almost out of first gear. On the et drags i have 3 passes and my best 60' was a 1.49, i think i may be able to get it to like a 1.45 with a little bit of adjustment and the slicks are so much more consistent, i'd reccomend buying a set, some 15x10s and rim screws