i got ripped off but i want to try to fix it

dastang2

Dec 11, 2003
tx
well i needed some .040 over pistons so i found somebody with a deal and i got these. a few look like they blew something up in the cylinder because there are notches on the edges of the pistons.(not the sides but the corners of the sides and tops) anyway, the metal is sort of poking out to where the cylinders would be scared. the machinist said i could try to take a file to them and get them so they would be flat again. but he did not recamend doing that. new ones would be 150 and i want my money back for these first but to do an insurance claim i have to get the sender's shipping reciept which i doubt he will send one via email since he has not done so yet. i tried the file thing today and i think it would work. anybody else know what i should do? i know that everybody would say to not do this but i just wanna try it before i go get some new ones.would this be considered as MAIL FRAUD, or is that only when they do not send the item. he said they only had about 60 miles on them maybe. thanks.
409515.jpg
this looks like metal from something else because it is on top of the pistons surface and looks like a seam.

409514.jpg
the shiny parts are the notches.

• Sponsors (?)

The pictures are hard to read but if they are damaged like to say they, where you say they I are I 100% agree with your machiniest. That area is critical, replace them...

If you got them on Ebay or paid with PayPal, you can file a claim. I did so on a radar detector and got some $ back. There is a $25 decuctable and the max recovery is $200 I think but based on the fact that the pistons are used, I assume you paid less than $200.
The other thing is if the item description misrepresented the item. If it said 'perfect condition' then you have a claim. If the description said 'wear' or 'slight nicks' or something like that, then you are screwed.

If you bought at Ebay, check out the help section. Print out the fraud form and follow the directions exactly. Keep records (print out your emails, keep a log of phone calls, etc) to improve your chance of getting $ back. Pull the sellers personal info off Ebay (if that's where you bought them) and use it.
I bought my Eibach springs from a guy and he was 'too busy' to send them... well I called his house a couple of times and explained to his wife that my bank suggested I fill out a credit fraud report (I paid with credit card). Needless to say, he got the springs shipped very shortly after.

If the decription was misleading and you sent a Postal Service check then it's mail fraud (federal offense) but if you paid with personal check you will have a harder time (you will need a copy of the cancelled check).
Good Luck.

"hey buddy i have a set of .40 over hyper pistons in a motor i just tore down and there in brand new shape i live in fort worth,tx so shipping should be low i'll take $75.00 plus shipping for then lmk"

this is what he told me after i made an ad looking for .040 over pistons. the box was tore up and did have a big hole in the side. he didn't wrap the pistons individually just a bunch of news papers wadded up. the usps doesn't take care of the packages i don't think. this may have been a bad shipping and lack of packaging protection, but the post office needs the shippers reciept to file a claim and he told me that he threw that away but he gave me his phone number to chat about it. not sure what to do here. but do you think the post office keeps reciept records.

I got ripped off and paid with a money order. I just filed an out of state small claims suit on him. I never heard back from him till i finally got judgement and he got a letter from the court saying the i had judgement then i heard from him right away when he never would answer me before. I got my money back from him that way then i dropped the judgement after i got the money.