I Guess I'll Start Here. New From Tennessee

CARBLDR

Jan 24, 2017
Chattanooga TN.
Hey Y'all. My name is Tate and while I've put cages in several friends cars,this will be the first fox mustang that's actually mine. its an 86 lx hatch and is basically an emptyshell. I build and restore customer cars in my shop here in chatanooga and i'm finally making time for myself with this car. it's going to be alot of work and right now the plan is fro a bbf power like 514, backed by a tremec TR56 street car. I want to keep it simple but still need a lot of advice on areas that i dont know about like aftermarket fuel injection and wiring and other things that is specific to a fox that i should be on the look out for. so i'll just start by apologizing right now if i bug you guys with too many questions lol.:rlaugh:

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome aboard @CARBLDR

I smell the making of a great build thread. :nice:

Checkout our Fox section. We've got build from past and present in there. You should get along just fine with @Davedacarpainter and @RacEoHolic330 and @madmike1157 (although he gets grumpy sometimes :O_o: ).
Thanks Noobz. yeah ive bee looking at some of the build threads already and all ive got to say is that ive got a lot to learn.hopefully i can get some pics of the project posetd if i can figure out how to do that. do most of the guys use a phothosting website or do they just go straight from a smart phone.?

Thanks Noobz. yeah ive bee looking at some of the build threads already and all ive got to say is that ive got a lot to learn.hopefully i can get some pics of the project posetd if i can figure out how to do that. do most of the guys use a phothosting website or do they just go straight from a smart phone.?

Not anymore man. You can host all that stuff right to the forum. Click the "Upload a File" button in the thread window or navigate to your SHOWCASE and host the images there before linking them in your thread.

I prefer the latter method because it's watermarked by Stangnet before it goes out on the web (so if you ever encounter its re-use in the wild, you know where they got it from).

Welcome to Stangnet.

I have a feeling we'll have just as much, if not more, to learn from you than you'll pick up from someone like me.

You need to understand, :worthlesb.

Most here are just barely able to read and need lots of photos:D.

I'm really glad you joined us, definitely start a progress thread in the General Talk section of the '79-'95 subforum.

I'm ready to subscribe to your thread when you get it going.

Welcome! I love to see bbf shoehorn into a fox. When it comes to aftermarket efi there are many options, some better than others. When it's time to make those decisions many of us run aftermarket ecu. We will be glad to help.