I hate stupid people...

ArkansasMystic

Feb 16, 2007
What is the deal with people always wanting to race? Every time I take the car out I get someone trying to run from light to light. I've had it twice this week. First was a old beat up Civic, then today a newer model Chevy pickup. I can drive normal and smoke them, not like they are modded. The guy with the Civic did a nice one tire spin, I really didn't realize he was gonna run until I heard the squeal. I hit it in second, ran it out to about 45 (speed limit), then he does the typical ricer fly by with a look on his face that to me said "Now why didn't I win?" In a way it aggravates me so I want to floor it, but then again, if I'm gonna risk a ticket, why not make it worth my while and race something worthy. Anyone else have this problem? How do yall handle it?

• Sponsors (?)

Depends on the circumstance to be honest.

95% of the time I just let them fly down the road and feel special. I'll usually jump the light real quick and let off if they take off fast... just to mess with them.

I get it more in CA. than when I lived in New England, It's always the civics, integra's, etc, etc.
It seems if I happen to glance over in their general direction while at a stop, I get the "let's race"
gesture, or on the highway, I get the creep up, then fly by. The best thing you can do, is to act like you don't even see them. If you know your car is faster, screw them. If your unsure, take it to the track. Let them lose their licenses and the roads and highways will be much better,

geez i can never find a single person that want to go on green, not like im looking to race cause im not but man i must have a bunch of old people just driving around all over my area or something, and the chitty civic guys with the tin cans always look the other way when next to me at a red light, maybe my car looks too fast or something lol but i know its not, anyway id say ride it out to the speed limit and have alittle fun if theres no traffic

I dont street race anymore....I just ignore them. if I cant help myself because they KEEP trying...I still wont race but I have once pulled a quick flyby to let em hear the blower....it was a 05+ stage 3 steeda :) Then he pulled a flyby and I got to hear the steeda's blower.

Thats as far as it goes with me....and only when noone is around. Only happened once too since he wouldnt give up to get me to jump on it haha.

I'm not gonna say I haven't got mad and ran on the street. However, in town it just isn't worth it. If anything I do what I did with the Civic, I jump (not all out, didn't need to) off the line, shift out about 4k and run it up to the speed limit. I'm not all out, getting a ticket and/or my license revoked isn't worth it. IDK, most of the time I just feel like saying idiot and showing the person was a Cobra is. On the other hand I know it isn't worth it, why waste the gas when you know your faster?? I haven't had to "race" yet. Don't guess you ever "have" to, but I just mean that I've never had a decent match. It's always the POS imports and such (few weeks back it was an Oldsmobile Alero). Seems it happens frequently, I'm just curios to know if it is just my Mystic or Mustangs in general. Sounds like you guys get it as well. I've had the car for several months now, so just getting use to the stares and people trying to race. As mentioned in the beginning, I've only truly raced on the open road twice, and I WILL NOT do it again. Not worth it, way too dangerous. I've learned the easy way, haven't damaged the car, hurt myself, or anyone else. Don't want you guys to get the impression that I have road rage or something.

geez i can never find a single person that want to go on green, not like im looking to race cause im not but man i must have a bunch of old people just driving around all over my area or something, and the chitty civic guys with the tin cans always look the other way when next to me at a red light, maybe my car looks too fast or something lol but i know its not, anyway id say ride it out to the speed limit and have alittle fun if theres no traffic

same problem here, i see them all the time when i'm NOT driving..

This happens to me every day I drive my car, both to and from work. Some kid in a Saturn pulled up to me last night while I was just cursing down the road. He looked at me like you don't have anything. He floored it; I put her in second and was gone. Put five or six car lengths on him, he took the next turn off. Every stop light some one tires to race me. So every stop light no matter what I give her some gas, I don’t floor it so the tires spin but just on her good and get up to the speed limit as fast as I can safely. The worse was last week I had a guy in an old boat of a Buick try to race me on the highway along with some girl driving a 3.5 Maxima. Granted when I pulled past them they both stayed behind me. I have to admit I like to have fun but I will never weave in and out of traffic or do those ricer moves.

This happens to me every day I drive my car, both to and from work. Some kid in a Saturn pulled up to me last night while I was just cursing down the road. He looked at me like you don't have anything. He floored it; I put her in second and was gone. Put five or six car lengths on him, he took the next turn off. Every stop light some one tires to race me. So every stop light no matter what I give her some gas, I don’t floor it so the tires spin but just on her good and get up to the speed limit as fast as I can safely. The worse was last week I had a guy in an old boat of a Buick try to race me on the highway along with some girl driving a 3.5 Maxima. Granted when I pulled past them they both stayed behind me. I have to admit I like to have fun but I will never weave in and out of traffic or do those ricer moves.

You put it in 2nd with an automatic transmission?

ricers don't like me any more.

i don't street race, but whenever i see a ricer driving like a retard and i pull up next to them in the stang, they stop driving like a retard. oh well.

a NITROUS PURGE is usually enough to let the ricers know that resistance to my american muscle is FUTILE. If the above doesn't work then give it some gas and let the V8 rumble - in case they think the GT badges and dual exhaust are a V6 cover-up. I had a Scion TC next to me that was relentless after all of the above. The gap was wide enough to fit an 18 wheeler and trailer between us after a few seconds.

I don't mind the attention. Around here, if it is a slow car trying to get me to run, they clearly know it is a joke before we even start. They are usually laughing as they rev. More often than not, I think they just want to see and hear the mustang run. :p Sometimes I'll give in if traffic is clear and they seem to like the car. :nice:

Of course, I'm always in the 4.6 when I meet fast cars that want to run. :( It can hold it's own against quite a few other cars out there because I can drive reasonably well and it's well maintained, but against a modded 99+ or a stock LS1/LT1, I can't really compete.

When I'm driving the 4cyl mustang, it's a different story. If someone obviously slow messes with me, I'll usually laugh at them, maybe spool the turbo a little just to scare them. However, I love it most when mustangs/camaros/350Zs/ect mess with me... You know, the low 14 to mid 13s cars that think they are hot $#^! and think I'm just another slow stockish fox. Most of my races are at the track these days though... but I always seem to be match up against the same car all night. :nonono:

honestly in my area i cant even get anyone to race me. other mustang owners jus look at my car and dont even atempt to race. but the ricers in my area wont even mess wit me. teh flowpaths must make them scared:D

honestly in my area i cant even get anyone to race me. other mustang owners jus look at my car and dont even atempt to race. but the ricers in my area wont even mess wit me. teh flowpaths must make them scared:D

pretty much the same here , i do street race but only rarely when the coast is clear and no traffic around , last time it was much worth it and went against a murcielago and got my ass handed to me badly , but was much worth it. :D

but yea... i do get more revs driving my pickup than my mustang its so sad :(

I like the attention

Usually when someone next to me wants to go. I'll give it enough gas to make them take the bait and go, and then i jusyt put my blinker on and casually move over into the lane behind them.

Usually they get the idea but once in a while i get persistent ones that will change lanes and slow down and try it again. Then i drop a gear and go.

Usually it's crap box ricers. Even the done up ones are slow. I don't uderstand how these kids thing these cars are fast? I even get it from V6 Mustangs convinced a CAI and Dual Exhaust gives them as much HP as a GT