I need a digital camera, how bout this one?

grey5.0beast

Cookies should never be DUNKED!!!
Aug 3, 2004
atl ga
I need a new digital camera, after my bro jumped in the pool with his(the one i used). I get a 10% discount at Walmart so I am thinking this one, I can pay for it with 2.5 days of pay so it won't set me back too far and I checked it out at the store today, seemed pretty solid.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4722914
My only concern is that I'm not sure if it records sound, it does videos, but it was too loud in the store for me to hear anything and i didn't see a mic or speaker. any other suggestions or brands would be nice, thanks guys.

edit: most i can spend is 250-300, the other half my paycheck is going toward rim savings :D

• Sponsors (?)

I loooooove my Sony Cybershot. Gotta update to a more modern one someday, but it's still awesome and very, very friendly to use. Moreso than some Canons, Olympus, Kodak and Fuji's I've owned/used.

Yea my friend has the 20D WOW what a camera, I have the kodak v550 i think it is

http://www.dcviews.com/reviews/Kodak-V550/Kodak-V550-review.htm

Takes some damn good pictures, it has very nice settings, 8 second exposure, you can mess around with the focus, has burst mode, the video camera sound isnt great but if you turn the volume up on your computer its good, and it has a really big screen witch I love! Did I mention it takes great pics?

The best thing I ever spent my money on was this camera, Ive dropped it hard 3 times, and its been through the washing machine, stoped working for a few days but when it dried out it worked like new. It is so useful, last year I took it everyday with me to school in my pocket, and got so many cool pictures, theres always those things at school you want to get a video of or pictures of, it comes in handy, and when you need help on stangnet and cant describe a part, its awesome to be able to run out snap a pic and have it on stangnet in 5 minutes have have peoeple answer your question. Best 400 bucks i ever spent.

Heres some pics I took with it.

1001934rx3.jpg

side20ft.jpg

Thats just a few of the thousands of pictures Ive taken, a camera is a good investment.

Attachments

• 1001934rx3.jpg
    1001934rx3.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 30
  • side20ft.jpg
    side20ft.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 39
haha yea I know, I didnt paint them the previous owners did, Since their polished though, I used a high grit sand paper and it came right off, they look brand new.

Heres some pics from ft lauderdale beach, this picture isnt even 8 second exposure I think it was like 4 second.

nighthn4.jpg

Heres my brother haha thought it was a cool pic. Hes only 19 and they sold him beer haha.

caronack7.jpg

oh and get photoshop, just a few effects like sharpen, and messing with the levels can make a good camera look like a $1000 camera.

Attachments

• nighthn4.jpg
    nighthn4.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 27
  • caronack7.jpg
    caronack7.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 31
mob, u have the v550, and im really likin the v603, higher number better cam? lol I like the way it looks too. I am going to check online at some places to see if i can get it cheaper thatn w/ discount.

honestly reading reviews for my camera and that camera, it sounds just as powerful as mine, mine is older, looks different and was 400 when I bought it, That one is brand new, looks different and is 300, id get it, plus mine is 5.0 megapixels that one is 6.1, go for it man, I love my kodak camera, its tough and powerful.

It looks exactly the same as my camera except the buttons are different thats all, other then that location of buttons, size, screen size, everything looks exaclty the same, you wont be disapointed with that camera, trust me, if your looking for something compact and useful, and a good price thats perfect. I did alot of research when I bought my camera and decided to go with mine, and havent regreted it. Only thing i see i dont like about the 603 is it dosent come with a dock. my v550 did

camera-dock.jpg

I was just doing some research on the same site u posted and found the price list, I am buying it from buydig.com, 238.75 shipped!! Free shipping and no tax, if I bought it from walmart with discount plus tax and everything said and done it was 253.32. Thanks alot for your help, u really influenced me lol. As soon as I get it I'll detail my car and go to a nice spot for pics. Tomorrow when i go to work, I'll pick up a one gig sd card, looking at them today, they were 30 bucks so why not.