I ordered my BBK shorty equal lengths today yay!

V8302stangs

Founding Member
Dec 16, 2001
San Jose, CA
Ordered the 1529 Chrome Equal Length BBKs for my 95 GT today. I found some good articles on install and have a decent amount of experience on header/manifold work on other cars but haven't done it on a SN95 yet. Anyone got any pointers?

• Sponsors (?)

V8302stangs said:
Ordered the 1529 Chrome Equal Length BBKs for my 95 GT today. I found some good articles on install and have a decent amount of experience on header/manifold work on other cars but haven't done it on a SN95 yet. Anyone got any pointers?

Just be glad you aren't installing longtubes. :D

If you have access to a lift it will obviously be easier but you can still get it done out in the drive. When you get it all on, use some Stage 8 locking header bolts. You'll thank me later.

swingline said:
Just be glad you aren't installing longtubes. :D

If you have access to a lift it will obviously be easier but you can still get it done out in the drive. When you get it all on, use some Stage 8 locking header bolts. You'll thank me later.

According to the Summit description it has some kind of hardware included, I'm having a feeling that that wont be the stage 8 locking bolts huh

pointers,locking header bolts.when i put mine on it seemed like everytime i opened the hood one of the bolts were gone.oh yeah,have fun changing the plugs,what a pain that is.and go ahead and buy some fire boots for the plug wires cuz they are going to cook.if i had it to do all over again i would have went with the unequals.

yay you just bought a part that won't make a lick of difference on a bolt on car :D Can you cancel your order to save the cash? Not trying to flame, its just that shorty headers are such a waste of cash on a bolt on level.

Check out the breslin locking header bolts. They are a bit expensive but worth it. I cooked two header gaskets then got the bolts and have not had a problem. Also when you put on the drivers side header pull out the steering shaft it makes it a lot easier.

Grn92LX said:
yay you just bought a part that won't make a lick of difference on a bolt on car :D Can you cancel your order to save the cash? Not trying to flame, its just that shorty headers are such a waste of cash on a bolt on level.
Ouch, that's harsh. :nonono: You're right though, you should blow a couple $1000 on heads, an intake, and a cam, and while you're at it get a $3500 Vortech, then you can have your shorties. :notnice:
I was always under the impression that the stock headers were extremely restrictive and worth replacing, even if it was your first mod. :shrug:

94MustangGT5.0 said:
Ouch, that's harsh. :nonono: You're right though, you should blow a couple $1000 on heads, an intake, and a cam, and while you're at it get a $3500 Vortech, then you can have your shorties. :notnice:
I was always under the impression that the stock headers were extremely restrictive and worth replacing, even if it was your first mod. :shrug:

Wasn't meant to be harsh, hence the " :D " Stock headers are perfectly fine at a bolt on level. Not that I know what i'm talking about :)

If you are doing this alone, plan 2-3 days without yoru car, if something starts to give you trouble work on something out, cool your head then go back to it...

Oh and lots of your beverage of choice should be available...

Ratcheting wrenches are very nice too BTW...

He is doing equal length headers......His car will be down for the entire weekend, without a doubt.

I do feel sorry for you. Bolting up the headers is going to be a nightmare. All those twists and turns are horrific.

I did my brothers 03 GT with the EQ length BBK's, nice piece, just near impossible to install. Maybe the 4.6's are just a hell of a lot harder then the 5.0's b/c no one has said anything yet.

stubby and long ratcheting wrenches are a definate necessity. Plus some other wierd sockets and wrenches might be a big help. Like the 1/2 socket attached to a universal that sears sells. That might help too.
Scott