i6 to v8 front brake conversion

57fairlane

Apr 2, 2005
Oakwood, GA
I know a lot of you guys on this board have done this before and my question is this. The car in question is a 66 Falcon with the stock drum brakes and I was wondering if there would be any snags going to disk brakes with little aftermarket support for the falcon. I have an already existing setup from a 67 mustang (everything sitting on the spindles) so would all I need to get are the v8 lower control arms/upper ball joints or would I have to get new upper arms as well? Also, is there anything I would need to get as far as steering is concerned? I have the entire steering assembly from the mustang as he was going to a powered mustang II setup.

thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

On the mustangs, you don't have to change the upper and lower control arms/ball joints. They are the same between I6 and V8. Normally, you have to change the outer tie rod ends to the V8 because the taper stud/socket is larger on the V8 model, but they have the same threads at the inboard end. I don't believe there is any difference with the Falcons.