Progress Thread In The Beginning, God said, Let there Be LUCIEL!

Update on Tailshaft:

Looks like my driveshaft yoke needs to be replaced.

I have a question:

Will the aluminum driveshaft make much of a difference or should I just replace the yoke?

Attachments

• 20200421_123638.jpg
    20200421_123638.jpg
    349.4 KB · Views: 62
  • Sponsors (?)

I went with a Ford Racing aluminum drive shaft after installing my 3.73's due to the vibration at higher speeds. Drove me crazy. That new driveshaft took care of that. If it wasn't for the vibration I would have replaced the U-joints and ran the original.

Last edited:
Look around fb or Craigslist. Aluminum driveshafts can be found right around $150 and for that they’re definitely worth it. Car feels much more free and revs quicker

Last edited:
If I found a really nice one cheap I would be tempted to get it. Any reduction in mass or friction helps. If it's just a street car though is it really worth spending the money on it just so you can say it has an aluminum driveshaft?

If I found a really nice one cheap I would be tempted to get it. Any reduction in mass or friction helps. If it's just a street car though is it really worth spending the money on it just so you can say it has an aluminum driveshaft?
It’s one of those things where it’s not necessary, but if it needs replacing why not upgrade. I probably wouldn’t go for it at retail price however.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm also thinking of dropping the trans to see if there's any other damage. I hear there's a major issue with swapping out the bearing and damaging the tail shaft...

So, I ordered a replacement with a good bushing and seal just in case I :leghump: it up. I can always sell it and get my money back, but I want to learn how to do this right...