Installed seat track extensions and a manual seat track today

I installed the seat track extension I got from LRS and a manual seat track from the pick and pull today.

I got a gift certificate from LRS for Xmas and paid $10.00 for the manual track at the pick and pull.

The gear on my power seat track was completely stripped so even though I had power it wouldn't move back and forth.

I am 6'4" with a 36" inseam so the extender made a big difference. I finally fit in the car. I highly recomend the extenders for tall guys.

I also got a new lower shift boot at the pick and pull for $4.00. My old one had a 4" hole in the center so my car was pretty loud inside. The car is much quieter inside now.
Seatrailextensions004.jpg

Seatrailextensions005.jpg

As you can see my carpet and seats are pretty worn out. I am planning to do new seats and carpet soon.

• Sponsors (?)

Cool, I'm glad you posted this - I'm 6'5" with a 36" inseam so I know what you're up against. I might be interested in a set of these. I used a Fox manual track & rail which is supposed to sit a little lower and a little further back than the SN95 power seat track but it's not a lot, maybe 1/2" vertically and an 1" horizontally - it's enough that my wife complains she can't reach the pedals anymore.

How's the overall driving position and ergonomics now, especially the shifter? The problem I have now is that if I could move my seat back further, I don't think I'd comfortably be able to reach the shifter. My arms and definitely legs could probably use a little more room but with the stock shifter 1-3-5 would be too far away, and now with the Pro 5.0 shifter the whole damn thing would be too far away - I may try to grab an MGW handle for it though.

What are you planning to do for seats? Mine have held up pretty well appearance wise, except for where a stuff has snagged on the bolster getting in and out and frayed it. The foam is worn out though and I've always disliked the way they sat anyway so I'm not putting any SN95 seats back in there. I rode in a coworkers Acura TSX the other day... God-dammit! Why don't we have seats like that! Freakin' Recaro seats - fit like a glove, great side support, nice feeling leather with perforated inserts, no goofy overstyling like most of the sport compacts get, and you can actually rest your head on the headrest. I mentioned how much I liked the seats and she says, "yeah, they're nice aren't they? They're kinda like... um... Porsche seats or something." There's a big Honda junkyard up the road, I'm gonna take a day off and find me a set of those.

These are the seat track extensions I got. Mustang 79-04 Seat Track Extensions at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

They give 3'" more legroom and raise the seat 1/2" higher than stock.

I kept the power lumbar function and just got rid of the power seat track.

The overall driving position is much better but I would like a longer shift handle than the Triax has. I have seen a Roush shift lever that looks alot longer so I will look into that.

My seats are ugly and worn out. I wanted a car with a leather interior but this was too good too pass up. I want do a custom rear seat delete with a back that folds down so I can put my road bike back there.

I will probably end up with Corbeau Leather seats. The cloth ones just don't look that great and they seem to turn purple as they age.

I am not crazy about spending $1000.00 on seats though. I am also looking at some seats on Ebay for around $500.00 but I would like to see them before I buy.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I don't know much about my cars life before I bought it. It has 98,000 miles and and is well used. It runs and drives really well and is pretty solid overall so I will keep making it into the car I want to have.

Do you like the seat up higher? I've been thinking all along it should be lower but maybe I'd think differently if I was further back.

I'm sorta doing the same thing with mine - it's fast enough for me to be fun and I've realized that improving the ergonomics, driveabilty and usability of the car increases my enjoyment of the car on a daily basis much more than scrapping for another 3 HP here and there. I like the car, I drive it 365 days a year and I don't see any need to replace it so now I'm slowly (glacially) transforming it with that goal in mind.

Do you like the seat up higher? I've been thinking all along it should be lower but maybe I'd think differently if I was further back.

I'm sorta doing the same thing with mine - it's fast enough for me to be fun and I've realized that improving the ergonomics, driveabilty and usability of the car increases my enjoyment of the car on a daily basis much more than scrapping for another 3 HP here and there. I like the car, I drive it 365 days a year and I don't see any need to replace it so now I'm slowly (glacially) transforming it with that goal in mind.

I can't really tell a difference in the seat height but it's so much nicer being about 2" further back.

My car is a toy, it's our 3rd car and I bought it because I wanted a project car to work on. I don't plan to go crazy with the mods but would like to end up with around 300-350 hp at the wheels.

Before I do alot of motor and drivetrain mods I am going to take care of all the things it needs to be a nice driver. I want it to be completely road trip reliable, look good and be really fun to drive.