installing amp/subs with stock radio in the snake.....

ok guys, well i just bought a $500 system for $175 (my friend needed the money). well i still want to use my stock radio. i have this thing called a high/low impedance adapter(take a look at the pic). anyways we took the system out of my friends truck (he had to use this adapter cause he was using the stock radio too in his GM). the way it was hooked up in his car was that this adapter was just spliced into his right & left rear speaker wires in the wire harness behind his radio(cause the GM stock radio does not have the RCA jacks). and then u just plug the RCAs into the adapter and then to the AMP. i am hoping when i rip the stock 6-disc changer out of my dash, that there will be RCA jacks, but i doubt that. if there is not RCA jacks, i got to thinkin, i have stock amps under each of my stock rear speakers(mach 460 sound sys)..... my question is, can i just hook up this adapter thing just like my friend had it?? or will i mess up any thing with my rear stock amps/speakers?? does any body know which color wires in the wireharnes are for the rear left and right speakers?? have any of u done this? thanks for the help, i hope i explained to where it is understandable... :nice:

P.S- open the pic then click on the pic to zoom in and read text

Attachments

• impedance adapter.JPG
    impedance adapter.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 201
  • Sponsors (?)

you can hook it just like your friend did. or you can mount the converter in the rear and hook it up the wires directly to the rear speakers. that way you dont have run long rca wires.

I thought on the mach you hooked into the data wire? check the sound forum and change the date to like a year.
You can hook to the speaker terminals however with the mach 460 it might be too much power and fry the inverter pretty quick. I know I fried one in my sts in like a month.

the article mention above only says there are 4 black wires in the mach 460 data cable that i have to splice. 2 striped white (negative), and 2 striped green (positive). they are all BLACK though. the adapter (shown in the pic on first post) has wires for LEFT(+/-), and RIGHT(+/-). so i dont know which wires on the mach data cable is for left and right??!!!??? does that even matter?? should i cut the electric tape off and follow the wires?? thanks guys.