Internal T5 Wc Question

Bkorocker

Jan 3, 2016

ok guys, I am new to the site but have done a decent amount of work to my car lately. 89 lx. Carb conversion, control arms, motor is at shop gettin bored, fuel cell, fuel pump and lines. It was time to tackle the trans while the motor is out.

Well any way when I got the car. I had issue grinding going into 4th. I have done a rebuild this weekend. Wasn't to bad at all. Synchro swerve all toast. But I have a slight issue reassembling. I have a pin left over. Is about the side of the needle bearings that are in the input shaft but slightly smaller in height and diameter. I thought it was a pin for the 1st gear sleeve, but I have the ball and spring in there. When taking the trans apart, the ball and spring and this pin showed up on the work table at the same time, I noticed them at the same time. I kno the ball and spring fell out and I found it.

Right now trans is fully assembled but before I put it in the car I wanted to see if I did something wrong, or if this pin even goes to the trans

Picture attached. Pin in question is on the bottom. On the top is a input shaft bearing for size comparison

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    112.1 KB · Views: 91
  • Sponsors (?)

The one is a roller bearing between the main shaft and input. I put for size comparison

Found out the pin was used for 1st gear sleeve. The ball and pin went under the 1-2 slider on the main shaft. She is all ready to go now.

Thanks