Is it stupid to do this...Unpainted body parts??

Is it ok to put on an unpainted hood

• Its fine since your going to repaint the car next yr anyway

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • loooks to tacky and stupid having a red car w/ a white hood

Votes: 16 32.0%
  • Its your car who cares what a bunch of crack heads like us think

Votes: 18 36.0%
  • whats my name again??

Votes: 3 6.0%

• Total voters
Me personally, I would wait to get everything painted. The whole unpainted hood thing is too boy-racer wannabe drag racer to me. A painted-matched stock hood looks MUCH better than an unpainted aftermarket hood. But like I said, that's just my opinion..

• Sponsors (?)

Just throw it on there! My brother has had an unpainted 2 inch cowl on his 89 for like 2 years now. LOL. Only cause his stock hood didnt clear his intake. But it doesnt look bad. Of course it will look better painted but your getting it painted soon enough anyway. Just go for it and get that cost out of the way.

It is actually better to put it on for a while first before paint. It lets the fiberglass(assuming its fiberglass) "shrink" up to its final size. If you just paint it and then put it on it can crack the paint. It sure would suck to crack a brand new paint job. Just my 2 cents.

GreenMustangGt said:
umm, thats the way i rock it. unpainted! all the cool people do it now
We must of got our body kits from the same vendor. I didn't dare show my car in public with the yellow front end, :rlaugh: . I had white side skirts and a white rear to the kit too. Took me about two weeks of mounting and preping, and another week to paint it all and everything back together,(doing after work) :shrug: . To make a long story short, got it all done and painted and no one saw the ugly colors to even coment on it. :D :nice:

attachment.php

attachment.php

And the finished deal

attachment.php

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 254
no. I got a damn good deal on the rims, I am planing on puting some wheel spacers on there to set the back ones out abit, no need to be so harsh cause i said the body kit needs some paint... :nonono: . I am ordering the lowering springs as soon as i get some more of my loans paid off from school.Jeez, you pissed me off now... :notnice:

oh well.... :spot:

89 blue lx said:
do you really have glasspacks? thats funny i thought they went out in the 80s but thats cool man gotta love our blue stangs even if its a 6 still looks damn good
Love your stang. Its clean. :nice: I am going to buy a V8 and give my v6 toy to my girl as soon as some of those damn bills disappear... :rlaugh: :rlaugh:

see, my car didnt make any sense when it looked like this:
attachment.php

i pulled that hood from my yellow stang and just plopped it on bc i like my hood. Some people will like it, some wont. You know what its supposed to look like when you are done.
attachment.php

:nice:

i dont think having unpainted body parts is "ricer" and a "ghey trend". i think having unpainted body parts means:
1. you dont have enough money to paint your stuff but you like it and are excited to put them on
2. you are waiting to have your stuff painted

dont be so quick to jump to conclusions about people. i see these ricers running around but i dont say "Ha! damn ricer and his unpainted stuff.'' Im pretty sure he is planning to paint it someday.

17yrOldStanger said:
i dont think having unpainted body parts is "ricer" and a "ghey trend". i think having unpainted body parts means:
1. you dont have enough money to paint your stuff but you like it and are excited to put them on

dont be so quick to jump to conclusions about people. i see these ricers running around but i dont say "Ha! damn ricer and his unpainted stuff.'' Im pretty sure he is planning to paint it someday.
basically the only thing i have ever seen on the street with unpainted parts is an import. I for one think its ghey. Its one thing if you get into an accident and have to put some used parts on your car, but its another thing to drive around for 6-9 months is kind of a different story. It would be one thing if it was a white car because it almost blends together.

To each his own.

i think it screams performance on a mustang,

now if somebody bought a cobra body kit and left it all white now thats :nonono:

personaly i dont like looking at white tho in florida with the sun i imagine it hurts your eyes so id want like a greyish color

anybody got any reccomendations to go to for a 3inch cowl?

rudeone707 said:
just wait, you will be no better than the hondas running around with an unpainted kit. We are supposed to set examples, not follow there ghey trends.

Im not doing it to follow a trend, Im doing it to get the cost of the hood out of the way so I wont have as much to buy in the spring and figured I might as well put it on while I have it, as it stands I prob wont even be getting it until Sept and then the car is up for the winter by the end of Oct. Like someone else said as well it might be good to have the hood on for awhile since its made out of fiberglass just so the hood can set and settle and not crack once its first painted and then put on the car.

rudeone707 said:
Its one thing if you get into an accident and have to put some used parts on your car, but its another thing to drive around for 6-9 months is kind of a different story. .

If I do end up doing it then it will be at the most 2 months, see the obove post.

17yrOldStanger said:

I agree w/ that as well, I mean who wants to put down $300 for a new hood and then not put it on the car :shrug: Those of you who say its a ricer trend need a reality check b/c Stangs running around w/ unpainted hoods/bumpers has been going on LONG before rice was ever thought of. So you think there were no 90 GT's driving around in the early 90's w/ unpainted 3 inch cowl hoods ? Seems like some people here are to scared to fit into a " Ricer" sterotype. If anyone called my car rice b/c it had an unpainted hood then Id just pop the hood open and say..... Blown 5.0, its not rice. Are you really that insecure about your car so that you worry about if someone "thinks" its rice or "calls" it rice. Ive never come on here asking people what I should buy for my car, what looks ricy and what doesnt. I already knew what I was going to do as far as the hood issue I just wanted other oppions on it as well.

PS: I really like that hood that you have on your car as well, Im back and forth between that one and the SVO hood. If you have anymore of them post them up Id like to see a few more pics of it.