Is my CC plate screwed up right from the box?

Founding Member
Jan 29, 2002
Broke
I got my Steeda regular 3 bolt CC plates today. On one of them the central hole that the strut goes through is at a really funny angle. The other won is straight. It looks as though its some kind of bushing thing that can move, but no matter how hard I try I cant make it budge. Its not straight at all, and I'm not sure if its going to screw up my strut install. Anyone?

I'll take a few pictures in a moment....

• Sponsors (?)

Yes call Steeda.......it may be defective but quality control should catch that.....but it happens......often, someone is slacking at their job maybe....or there could be a reason it is like that....or not.

I would say probably not. You can't move that bearing with your fingers. Try holding it down and taking an extension for a ratchet, put it in the hole and try to move it then. If that won't fit, then try a long screwdriver. If it moves back then it should be fine. You'll have to do the same thing to adjust them on the car when you're trying to get the struts in them.

USMC03GT said:
I would say probably not. You can't move that bearing with your fingers. Try holding it down and taking an extension for a ratchet, put it in the hole and try to move it then. If that won't fit, then try a long screwdriver. If it moves back then it should be fine. You'll have to do the same thing to adjust them on the car when you're trying to get the struts in them.

Thanks. I'll give it a shot today...