Is this a good deal?

SMOKEDYA

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Jul 13, 2003
Tucson AZ
Found this ad on C/L here. Is this a good price even if i DONT have him powder coat the houseing? How well will it push my 351? Looking to get about 600 to the wheeels. Heres the ad: i am selling a new , never used never mocked up
master power turbo comes with facroty box, gaskets and hardware T-76 / Q-TRIM / 1.0 A/R

700 bucks and i will powder coat the compressor housing for free after payment to a color of your choice that i have in stock.

master power turbo chargers are high quality, high-performance that are comparable with the best in the industry. 5.0 mustang guys are getting in the 9's with these turbo's

part trade for ford 8 lug hp dana 44 and rear 60

HP Range 600-800

Compressor:
-A/R .72
-Air inlet 101.7
-Air outlet 66.0
-Inducer wheel 76.5
-Exducer wheel 103.5
-Trim 55

Turbine:
-A/R 1.00
-Inlet T4
-Turbine housing divided
-Exducer wheel 67.0
-Inducer wheel 74.0

• Sponsors (?)

why in the holy hell would he powder coat the compressor housing??? ceramic coat it yes... powder coat it NO

whats wrong with powdercoating a housing, seen it done before and it looks good.

That turbo will support the power your looking to make easily, how much are they new?

I dont see why, it shouldn't get that hot. I cant imagine it would get hotter than the heat it would take to bake the powder coating on. The only heat you would have on the compressor is the heat transferred through the chra, there is not actual exhaust gases going through there, plus its basically a fan since u got a turbine spinning ambient air through there. The heat transfer wouldnt be hotter than say how hot a cylinder head gets, and engine paint holds up just fine on a cylinder head.