Is this the correct IAC?

Stanger007

Founding Member
Sep 26, 2001
Baton Rouge, LA
In search of a stable idle I purchased a replacement IAC from AutoZone. The one I got (TV206) has a brass port on it that looks like a vaccum port. The one on my car DOES NOT have this port.

Is this the correct replacement part? If so, do I just cap off the port?

Attachments

• IAC.jpg
    IAC.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 89
  • Sponsors (?)

Thats the wrong one. I think you have to ask for one from a cobra to get the right one. az part #'s are messed up for the 94-95 mustangs. If they dont have the right one I know pep boys has the right one.

Try asking for one off of a 5.0 T-Bird. I know you have to ask for a 5.0 T-Bird throttle body gasket to get the right one... I guess the parts stores have the 94/95 parts listed as the fox ones since 95% of them are the same.

Rolled back to AutoZone and talked w/ the manager who is a pretty knowledgeable guy. He said that Wells makes the OEM Ford parts - even showed me where it had Ford stamped on the part. He seemed to think the brass fitting was a vent.

Anyways long story short I returned it and went by two other stores that didn't stock the part. I'll have to check Pep Boys tomorrow and see what they've got.

Thanks for all the help thus!

Stanger007 said:
Rolled back to AutoZone and talked w/ the manager who is a pretty knowledgeable guy. He said that Wells makes the OEM Ford parts - even showed me where it had Ford stamped on the part. He seemed to think the brass fitting was a vent.

Anyways long story short I returned it and went by two other stores that didn't stock the part. I'll have to check Pep Boys tomorrow and see what they've got.

Thanks for all the help thus!

That is a bunch of crap. Don't listen to anyone at autozone. No offense to anyone who works there, but being paid $5/hour to sell auto parts does not make you knowledgeable.

The part is made by borg/warner. Pep boys is the only place that I know FOR SURE stocks the right part. It will look exactly like the IAC valve on your car.

This is one of those parts that autozone has royally screwed up. They also have the wrong water pump gasket.
Scott