It happened, got in an accident with the 'Stang.

Power4

May 10, 2004
Rochester, NY
I was afraid this day would come and it did. I was waiting at an intersection this weekend for a gap big enough in traffic to pull out. It was a left turn across two lanes of traffic heading each way. I was paying more attention to the hill (the intersection was at the bottom of one where people generally speed down the hill) and when I thought I had a good gap I tried to cross. Needless to say I misjudged and a silver Acura TSX taged my drivers side rear quarter panel area.

No airbags deployed in either vehicle but the front of the Acrua wasn't in too good of shape while the damage to my Mustang was pretty localized. The quarter rear drivers side quarter panel was dented in about a 8 inches or so and the last inch on my drivers side door damaged as well as the wheel was scraped up a bit. The rear drivers side wheel looks like it was bent in slightly too. The fire department guys were looking at me all sad and mourning with me over the damage. I haven't heard from the repair shop how much the cost of the damage is yet but the insurance will cover it. If anyone wants I can post some pics of the damage.

This just sucks. I feel for everyone that has banged up their Mustang as well. I just hope that she can be repaired quickly and they do a good job. I had them bring it to a big local dealer that I know does pretty good work. On the plus side there was a pretty big scratch there before the accident that will be gone once she's all fixed and I'll get some exercise riding my bike to work :)

• Sponsors (?)

Here's a couple pics of the damage:

CIMG0584.jpg

CIMG0585.jpg

:bang:

First and foremost, it is most important that everyone is okay.

But ooofah, that looks terrible. Looks like a lot going on there. Hope the damage isn't creeping into the rear c pillar. Insist on having the entire side of the car painted or it will never match. Metallics are especially that way.

As an afterthought, be sure to have your rear axle and stuff are ok.

how in the world did it hit such a small area? i am suprised that the rear end did not get torn from the car. which way were the cars facing dring the impact?

at minumum, it will need a new 1/4 panel and a new outer wheelhouse. very strange hit, IMO.

I see the same people all the time passing on the right and left. I feel sometimes like I am in the middle of a road race. By keeping to the right unless you are passing it would be much safter for all of us. That's why the law (apparently in most states) is to pass only on the left.
Speeding is another issue. Many seem to think the actual speed limit is 20 above what is posted.
It's a wonder there aren't more accidents and traffic deaths.

Wow. That is impressive though that it is all in that one spot and your rearend didn't get torn off. Glad to see your safe. Proves that we can still make road racers with safety in mind. Good luck in getting it fixed. Make sure you are very persistant about the quality.

I'm not sure how I managed to get damaged in such a small spot. Hopefully that means minimal to no damage to the rear axle or frame. The place I brought it to is usually pretty good for repairs so hopefully I won't have to make them fix anything after they've already repaired it.

Thanks for the encouraging words guys. The insurance company said there's about $3k in body damage but they're not sure what sort of mechanical or frame damage there may be yet since they haven't pulled her apart. Hopefully I have her back soon and as good as new :)

I got into my first accident a couple of weeks ago. Some moron tried to make a left turn in front of me, and plowed right into me. Here are pics of the Mustang and the other driver's car (Dodge Stratus). Can you say Built Ford Tough? The damage to my Mustang was $2850. Don't know what the Dodge estimate was. The Dodge's air bags deployed but mine didn't. The other driver and her passengers left in an ambulance. I drove away (neck strain and muscle spasms in my shoulder). Not an experience I would recommend. I feel for you, Power4.

car2.jpg

car1.jpg

scott200706020459fb9.jpg

The Explorer that pulled in front of me ended up on its roof. I walked away with no injuries and played 3 hockey games later that day. Everyone else involved went to the hospital.

Convinced me to get another.

The Explorer that pulled in front of me ended up on its roof. I walked away with no injuries and played 3 hockey games later that day. Everyone else involved went to the hospital.

Convinced me to get another.

what is a amazing about your GT is that none of the glass was shattered in that accident!

all of that energy absorbing ft end structure took the full brunt of the impact ....

truly amazing > :eek: