Jobs

buhjuh16

Mar 17, 2004
Glasgow, KY
Im kinda new here so i aint real sure if this has been a topic before or not, but where do yall work at? And if you want to, what do ya make? Im going to be goin to college in Lexington next school year and thought i'd try to get some general ideas. I just quit at mcdonalds making 6.10/hr and im going to be starting at a factory called Dart or a machine tool company next january for a co-op. Not really sure about pay there yet.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm in teh army

Littleguy2.jpg

View attachment 495936

I work for Flexsteel Furniture 2nd shift Gerber cutter ticketer. Little explanition now. Gerber I work on is a single ply machine which is 1 layer of fabric it cuts the pices and I collect them at the end of the belt. Then I put ID tags so the sewers know what they got.

Heres a pic of me busy at work lol
View attachment 495932

I'm also a vol. Fire Fighter If i could get a paid job doing that I'd be there in a second

I'm active duty in the Army National Guard. I drive this thing (see pics) all over NC doing parades & static displays. I'm a missionless recruiter. Lead generation only.

320782668_l.jpg

320786578_l.jpg

338105718_l.jpg

338103066_l.jpg

hummvee_2.jpg

hummvee_3.jpg

hummvee_1.jpg

Meanwhile .... I am still on the books at UPS. I have like the most senority in the hub ..... but I haven't been to work in 3 years, lol.

I'm a medical sales rep for the nations largest physician supply company. I sell EVERYTHING used in a doctor's office from bandaids and flu vaccing, to EKG and ultrsound machines. I got my BS in biology and didn't want to go onto any further education, so I got into this. I am paid on 100% commission which is scarey at times, but very good at others. I couldn't imagine working in any other field other than sales. I basically make my own hours, and do what I want within reason. I have a sales number to hit every month and if I do then I free to do pretty much as I please, if not then my company wants to know why and what they and I can do to get the numbers back on track. I've been with my company for 5yrs today and luckily I've been very good at hitting and exceeding my sales forcast during that time, being all comission is very nerve racking though.

I worked in the coal mines during the summers while I was in college and made $17/hr, which was awesome money for a 18yr old college student. I made more in 3 months working mainly weekends than I did the remainder of the year working at school. That job definitely gave me a great appreciation for what I do now.

I work for Citigroup, in the CitiMortgage group. I just started and am a down and low file clerk. Should be able to advance fairly quickly just hope there is a place for me to move up too. Bustn' my butt to make a good impression. My 90 day req. before advancement is up Jan. 16th.

I just grad. College with a BA in comm. (PR/advertising). My minor was phsyc. (3 classes away from a degree in it actually) and might go on with that or maybe even med school but only if I can find someone else to pay for it.

i do valet at DC Ranch country club. it's just a club for the members of the comunity, but they're freaking rich so i drive lots of turbo 911's, (all the guys up there have them. it's an ego thing) and a couple ferarri scaglietti's. i make 9.5/hour plus a percentage of the rounds of golf played. i only work part time but i get about 750 a month. it's good for me as a college student, plus i get to play free golf whenever i want and it's one of the best courses in AZ.

MysteryMachine said:
Justin is that like the first pics you've posted of yourself? Don't ever remember you posing them before. Blankenship wasn't that name in a movie or something

Maybe you're thinking of that TV show ... Most Extreme Elimination Challenge ... has that asian guy ... Kenny B. That or from watching football .... as there's acouple in the NFL.

Yeah ... that might be the first ones I've posted .... but I never realized it, lol.

Killercanary said:
I'm a medical sales rep for the nations largest physician supply company. I sell EVERYTHING used in a doctor's office from bandaids and flu vaccing, to EKG and ultrsound machines. I got my BS in biology and didn't want to go onto any further education, so I got into this. I am paid on 100% commission which is scarey at times, but very good at others. I couldn't imagine working in any other field other than sales. I basically make my own hours, and do what I want within reason. I have a sales number to hit every month and if I do then I free to do pretty much as I please, if not then my company wants to know why and what they and I can do to get the numbers back on track. I've been with my company for 5yrs today and luckily I've been very good at hitting and exceeding my sales forcast during that time, being all comission is very nerve racking though.

I worked in the coal mines during the summers while I was in college and made $17/hr, which was awesome money for a 18yr old college student. I made more in 3 months working mainly weekends than I did the remainder of the year working at school. That job definitely gave me a great appreciation for what I do now.

send anything to mountainside hospital in glen ridge/montclair, nj (its in both towns), or clara maass in beleville, nj?? my dad's a surgeon at both hospitals (mostly mountainside) and it'd be cool to know that you help sell them products:D

to answer the thread starters question, i work for an architecture firm where i do dataCAD drawings....not bad for a 17yr old HS senior:p

summers i work for my neighbors bbq'ing at special evets. mainly bike shows but weve also done car shows, air shows, balloon festivals, music festivals and philadelphia live 8. We make some of the best beef brisket, pulled pork, and bbq sausage:drool: :drool: :drool: ....all on a 25ft long smoker. you should see the way people look at it rollin down the highway. Its $125 a day cash which I think is pretty damn good. Then during school I work at a retirement home giving the old people food for $7.87 an hour:nonono: man i cant wait till summer

I work for my folks. They own an auto parts/salvage/service shop my grandfather gave them when he retired. My parents worked for them for the last 30 or so years and now me and my brother work for my parents. Been around almost 45 years that it's been in the family.

I'm a service technician (fancy term for mechanic :D ) at a Honda dealership. The pay sucks, but I'm just starting out. The pay for guys who have been there a bit can be VERY good. The head tech at the Toyota lot next door makes over 100k a year!! :jaw: