Just Changed Oil --> Slight Problem Now...

well, I changed my oil, didn't take long, put new filter in, all went fine... but when I went to start my car, to check my oil level, I am about 1 qt over the full line... I really don't think I put 6 qts in... but that's what it looks like... any problem with this? I don't really want to have to drain it and refill it with new oil...

-anything wrong with being too full? or should I worry... like every little other thing that isn't perfect on my car :D

• Sponsors (?)

Too much oil can cause the crank to slap the oil when its rotating causing a viberation. Not Good. I have heard that the filter holds about a quart of oil.?
If you ran the car than that might be an idea or just drain out the extra oil.

yeah... the strange part was after I changed everything (and yes, I did remove both plugs, and drained all the oil) filled it back up and started it, the oil level didn't go down much... like the filter already had oil in it... that's why I have this problem now...

I guess I will go drain the oil then, and fill her up w/ some new stuff...

well, I went to schucks, they didn't have an oil pan!! and I wasn't about to drive 20 min to get one... so I just drained my oil, and replaced w/ new stuff... (get it cheap at costco anyway... why not?) my oil was dirty actually anyway... so that was ok w/ me... I only drained the front bolt, but I had to replace it w/ 4.5 qts!! I couldn't believe it... and I'm still about .3 qts low of the full line... but it is in the dashed area, so I guess that's fine...