JUST installed a 4 inch cowl pin on hood ***(pics)***

FarBeyondDriven said:
Evertime i hear the "do you actually NEED a 4 inch hood" comment, i have always wanted someone to glue a stuffed animal to thier intake, then take a picture with the hood off, and say "yeah, i actually DO need a 4" hood :D

Wheres Strype when you need him???? :rlaugh:

• Sponsors (?)

The hood does look bigger than 4 inch. My vert had a 4 inch hood and it didnt look as big. Put a measuring tape on it and see if its taller.

5.0droptop

The hood does not flow well with the car IMO...you really need the wheels (and the balz) to pull off a bit bonnet like that. Drop top had both going for him and the hood infact helped make the car so memorable.

wythors said:
Don't run a hood like that if you can't back it up.:nonono:

:rolleyes:

From Limboland.net:
cowlarrows.gif

The cowl induction hood is not a new idea and it actually works. That's why NASCAR uses them in their Winston Cup Cars. As the air passes over the opening, it creates a vacuum of cold air over the windshield. This allows the hot air from inside the engine compartment to escape letting the engine breathe cooler air and therefore running stronger and longer.

Attachments

• cowlarrows.gif
    cowlarrows.gif
    59.2 KB · Views: 78
FarBeyondDriven said:
Just out of curiosity.. what is the required horsepower / torque ratings required to run a 4" hood. :rolleyes:

In my mind, the "requirement" for a 4" cowl hood is a need for clearance. If you're just running it because it looks cool, that moves into Ricer territory of form without function.

"Hey dude, badass hood! Whatcha' runnin'?"

"Stock five-oh."

"Oh, whaddaya run with that thing?"

"Low 14's."

"What's with the hood?"

"Looks cool."

:nonono:

wythors said:
In my mind, the "requirement" for a 4" cowl hood is a need for clearance. If you're just running it because it looks cool, that moves into Ricer territory of form without function.

"Hey dude, badass hood! Whatcha' runnin'?"

"Stock five-oh."

"Oh, whaddaya run with that thing?"

"Low 14's."

"What's with the hood?"

"Looks cool."

:nonono:

Why do you get your cars painted? Or get draglites on a near stock car? Or a saleen wing? :notnice:

Well I have never seen a reason to put 17’s on a fox. But I am not going to rag on some one for doing it. I don’t see any reason to run a 4” hood, but if the guy likes it so what?

wythors said:

But it does function when you consider it lets a ton of heat out.. i dunno.. i have a 4 inch hood, and i actually do need it for clearance, i just like the look of foxes with decent hoods.. then again, i like cars that look like they can eat other cars.. i am the farthest thing from liking the sleeper look. i do appreciate it, but if a car is fast (IMO) it should look fast.. :shrug: then again, if its not fast, i can see where youre coming from.

FarBeyondDriven said:
But it does function when you consider it lets a ton of heat out.. i dunno.. i have a 4 inch hood, and i actually do need it for clearance, i just like the look of foxes with decent hoods.. then again, i like cars that look like they can eat other cars.. i am the farthest thing from liking the sleeper look. i do appreciate it, but if a car is fast (IMO) it should look fast.. :shrug: then again, if its not fast, i can see where youre coming from.

This is exactly my position.:nice:

85ragtop said:
Well I have never seen a reason to put 17’s on a fox. But I am not going to rag on some one for doing it. I don’t see any reason to run a 4” hood, but if the guy likes it so what?
I have never heard of anyone not liking a 17" wheel on any car...come on how can you not like the way the wheel well is filled so nicely...2-1/2 cowl by the way.
mustang068.jpg

mustang084.jpg

Attachments

• mustang068.jpg
    mustang068.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 68
  • mustang084.jpg
    mustang084.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 70
Heres a thumbs up for your hood bro. :nice: :nice: make that two. dont listen to all the bashers, if u like the 4 inch hood dude, thats all that matters, i think it looks badass, do what ever u want, its ur car, just make sure u dont put anything that doestnt belong on a mustang on it. now if u got some draglites, ur car woudl be the tits, it would look so mean, keep up the good work, the only thing i would say is it will suck with the full bolt on cuz, u can t just pop the hood, so when u change ur oil. and check under the hood for anything, u got to remove the whole hoood and sometimes if u were to ever break down, *not that , it would ever happen in a mustang. lol* theres usually nowhere safe or good to put a hood. ya know. im not bashing u either IM one of the only ones who is giving u positive feedback and words of encouragement, but ya go to move the badges down a lil. okay man, well have fun and keep modding.

P.S. guys , why are u all being dicks to this kid. would u rather him own a riced out civic and be at the light next to u revving it up trying ot race, c'mon what happened to the mustang commaradery, SP,

tonys88lx said:
P.S. guys , why are u all being dicks to this kid. would u rather him own a riced out civic and be at the light next to u revving it up trying ot race, c'mon what happened to the mustang commaradery, SP,

...SAUSAGE FEST!!!! :p