JUST installed a 4 inch cowl pin on hood ***(pics)***

• Sponsors (?)

A cowl hood, in and of itself, I wouldn't consider ricey if it wasn't installed solely for the purpose of underhood clearance - as said, it does help with heat, and ditches some weight if you're going from a stocker to a pin-on fiberglass piece. But 4" does seem to border on excessive, at least as far as looks go; with the rest being pretty much stockish from the dash on back, there's nothing else to really balance it out, so it sticks out like a sore thumb. But hey, at least he didn't get one of those monstrous 5" or 6" hoods that goes all the way back to the windshield and requires a wiper delete... :D

Btw, just delete the 5.0 badges, instead of relocating them lower. It's one less little odd-shaped thing to have to hand-wash and wax around. I know I sure don't miss having to take a toothbrush to get all the extra wax out of my badges...

diablostang said:
What's with all the bashing? dang.... I didn't even get bashed this much when I had a Cobra R wing on my car.

P.S. guys , why are u all being dicks to this kid. would u rather him own a riced out civic and be at the light next to u revving it up trying ot race, c'mon what happened to the mustang commaradery
There's been alot of that on here latey. Seems the forum is gettin over run by Mustanger's with "the Ricer mentality". Gettin pretty old.:notnice:
I like that 4 incher on that car, I think it gives even more attitude to the carHow ever, ithink a full cowl, up to the windsheild looks better when they are that tall.. AT least if he does go with a high rise intake or roots blower later on, the hood wont be an issue.

s&k stangs said:
There's been alot of that on here latey. Seems the forum is gettin over run by Mustanger's with "the Ricer mentality". Gettin pretty old.:notnice:
I like that 4 incher on that car, I think it gives even more attitude to the carHow ever, ithink a full cowl, up to the windsheild looks better when they are that tall.. AT least if he does go with a high rise intake or roots blower later on, the hood wont be an issue.

Well, the ones that go back to the hood require a wiper delete, as stated previously in the thread. Most people tend to use their wipers when it's raining. :p

I ended up having to put a 2.5" cowl on my 94 when I went carbureted, (Carb/intake with aircleaner on top sticks up more than stock) but I'd have put the hood on the car anyway since it looks good and ventilates the underside.

I hate when people run 4 inch cowls on stock motors. Your trying to make a stock car look radical, so when you nail it and it doesnt go anywhere, people just laugh. Its like the opposite of a sleeper. People rip on ricers so much, but big cowls on stock motors is one of the most ricer things Ive ever seen.

But then again thats just my humble opinion =]

BTW, Im one for the sleeper look.

PICT0340.jpg

Attachments

• PICT0340.jpg
    PICT0340.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 87
Diablo .... if you want to get anything from this forum .... you have to skip alot of the BS, lol. It's nothing like our brethren "over there". It appears that most of the users over here are like 18 years old or younger and the immaturity level is rediculous. I've even seen a moderator that acts like he is 12.

On topic .... I have a Cobra R cowl hood. I'm still trying to figure out why "clearance" should be the determining factor. Whoever said that .... answer this one question ...... WHY IS IT CALLED A COWL HOOD?

Even if "clearance" IS the determining factor (which it's not) .... who says you have to NEED the clearance first? Is there something wrong with planning ahead?

SeventyMach1 said:
Diablo .... if you want to get anything from this forum .... you have to skip alot of the BS, lol. It's nothing like our brethren "over there". It appears that most of the users over here are like 18 years old or younger and the immaturity level is rediculous. I've even seen a moderator that acts like he is 12.

On topic .... I have a Cobra R cowl hood. I'm still trying to figure out why "clearance" should be the determining factor. Whoever said that .... answer this one question ...... WHY IS IT CALLED A COWL HOOD?

Even if "clearance" IS the determining factor (which it's not) .... who says you have to NEED the clearance first? Is there something wrong with planning ahead?

You just need to realise that putting a large cowl on a stock car is the equivlent of putting a huge wing on a slow import, they can also say they are planning ahead for their accords to do 200mph to make use of that wing.

well how can yoy guys call it stock when i never listed my mods? hahahaha the runs 11's if that isnt a enough o well
i had some chrome ponies but sold em for a nx wet kit.
so basicly threw the 10 holes on till i get weld draglights and the hood looks awesome IMO

wythors said:
Date of Birth:
December 14th, 1986
Car:
1989 ford
Ride:
mustang lz
Engine type and displacement:
Induction:
N/A
Major modifications:
shortys,flowmasters,pulleys,et streets raidials,cold air

Tranny type:
Manual
Tires:
Drag Radials
Horsepower:
60 foot time:
1/8 Mile ET:
1/8 Mile MPH:
1/4 Mile ET:
1/4 Mile MPH:
Track Name:
irwindale

:lol: Obviously, be doesn't.

Don't run a hood like that if you can't back it up.:nonono:
lol omg hahaha dam that has to be updated im sorry man lol
basicly full bolt on car 1.71 rockers,4:10s alum driveshaft,shortshifter, shortys O/R X with spintech prostreets NX wet kit 28 spline superior axles, micket tompson et steet radials