Just ordered a Kenwood cd player

• Sponsors (?)

Kenwood isn't bad - mine just has problems with the audio dial not adjusting audio comparative to me turning it.

I don't think that's a problem with Kenwood because my dad's s2000 stock radio has that same problem I'm just wondering the display for the Kenwood cd player isn't going to crap out or anything is it?

I'd swing for the double din. Looks much nicer in the car.
pictures and links for reference only. Prices can be found much cheaper else where

h130P8000BT-F_dg.jpe

Pioneer FH-P8000BT CD receiver at Crutchfield.com
h113DPX302-f_mt.jpe

Kenwood DPX302 CD receiver at Crutchfield.com
h020DUZ385-f_dg.jpe

Clarion DUZ385SAT CD receiver at Crutchfield.com

I am a Pioneer fan myself. I have installed stereos for years and was a dealer for many brands. Kenwood prolly had the lowest return rate. They sound alright and you got a mid level model. They have a way better x-over and eq/pre amp section then the lower ones :nice:
Also though a double din woulda been the better choice :shrug:
IMAGE_076-1.jpg

Why would a double din have been a better choice? I don't really like the displays on them but mainly all I'm looking for is a model that will provide good quality sound. Do installation places (ex Sound on Wheels) like local places install them and put a plate or something over the left over space in the installation area to make it look solid?

Why would a double din have been a better choice? I don't really like the displays on them but mainly all I'm looking for is a model that will provide good quality sound. Do installation places (ex Sound on Wheels) like local places install them and put a plate or something over the left over space in the installation area to make it look solid?
My bad, shoulda added IMO :shrug:

DD units have more space in them for better electronics and better heat dissipation, my Pioneer has a cooling fan in it :nice:
Also I just feel they look alot better in our dashes. I had a din unit in my 96 Cobra and wished I woulda bought the 00+ stereo bezel so it didnt look so cheep :shrug:
The pockets just dont look right on the new ones and the pocket sits above the stereo and just cant hold anything.
If possiable get a Metra kit cause the Scoche looks bad....... IMO :shrug:

It'll look like a Mustang with a CD player installed. Its nothing spectacular or something to write home about. I wouldn't buy it to replace the mach system. Not really adding any functionality.
Mach cant play MP3 or ipods :shrug:
No eq, adj x-over, sub controll, sat radio.
Adds alot of functionality :nice: