Just picked up my new whip..

RollinSidewayz

Mar 3, 2004
Its an 89 5.0 LX 5-speed, B303 cam, RAM clutch, hurst short throw, BBK shorties, H-pipe, flows, underdrive pullies, 1.5 eibach lowering springs, 15" welds, MSD blaster coil... engine was rebuilt 38,000 ago and a new transmission was also put in. Both the people that had it are mechanics and I know they take care of their cars. He was putting 15w50 synthetic in it.. has anybody else had experiece with this oil?

1. I want to get some Cobra R knockoffs.. what is the biggest size that will fit with the springs?

2. Since I've bought the car the "Low oil" light has come on, but I heard something about parking on an incline messing with that.. I park on a pretty hefty incline. The oil level seemed ok. Is this a normal thing?

3. I need hood pins.. are the FRPP stainless steel ones the best to get? I'm concerned about them rusting..

4. It has underdrive pullies so the alternator is obviously underdriven.. the charge when driving hovers around 8.5-9. He also got a switch for the battery to disconnect it overnight. Is there a good reason for this? Why would it be draining overnight? Do you suggest I put the original pullies back on or would a high-output alternator solve my problems? If so, which one should I get?

When I started it this morning it stalled like twice but after a few minutes it held its idle. Is this because of the cam and it just needs to warm up?

Please help a noob out..

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)