Just talked to a dealer

YoungGun

Founding Member
Sep 10, 2001
Sup guys. I called all around today to see who had any 05 Sonic Blue GTs.
NO ONE has them. But one dealer said he would trade his black GT for a Blue from another dealer farther away. The sonic blue that he can get is a manual with cloth seats (which I want) and the shaker 1000. He said we could try and get 1000 over MSRP. What do ya's think? There are no other stangs around and I dont wanna wait till Sept for the 06 to come out. Input please
Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I guees the money is burning a hole in your pocket......You can't wait till the end of Aug or early sept.Go waste your money when in a few months you can save a bunch of money................. :rolleyes:

I think if yea shop around a bit you might get it at sticker without paying over it for a 2006.Go buy a 2005 Mustang Gt at $32,000 today and in 3 years it will be worth $11,000,$13000 if that much because by then they will be everywhere.Hummm everyone was paying over sticker on the PC Cruser and loook at them now,and look at the Bugs when they came out they were over Sticker and 3 or 4 years later look at what they are worth nowwww.I am saying if there are that many people that want to throw away their money go ahead,but i think most people will never pay over sticker and ford will lost alot of loyal people that bought their cars in the past and will never again because of some gready Salesmen that will not have a job in a year from now. :banana:

johnnytuinals said:
I think if yea shop around a bit you might get it at sticker without paying over it for a 2006.Go buy a 2005 Mustang Gt at $32,000 today and in 3 years it will be worth $11,000,$13000 if that much because by then they will be everywhere.Hummm everyone was paying over sticker on the PC Cruser and loook at them now,and look at the Bugs when they came out they were over Sticker and 3 or 4 years later look at what they are worth nowwww.I am saying if there are that many people that want to throw away their money go ahead,but i think most people will never pay over sticker and ford will lost alot of loyal people that bought their cars in the past and will never again because of some gready Salesmen that will not have a job in a year from now. :banana:

Well if you want to talk resale value....don't buy an American car...in fact don't buy ANY car...it's not a moneymaker...unless you buy a rare Aston Martin..or something else that will be worth twice as much in 20 years. On that note...I just ordered the 05 GT and I plan on keeping it for life. Why not? For now i'll have a nice new car and in 20 years i'll have a classic Mustang...no loss as far as i'm concerned :shrug:

The sales figures have been going up every month. This is a hot car right now and people are moving from other makes and models to get one. They already sold 190K units from Oct to May or June, that’s 28K per month average. You can only order a 06 model now. I don't see prices dropping or any incentives on the horizon may late 06 before the 07 comes out.

Just relax and be patient. Its all a bunch of hype. These cars will be a dime a dozen within a year. Its just like real estate right now. Too many people think they're about to miss the boat, but this is just what dealers and real estate agents want you to think.

shadowland2000 said:
Just relax and be patient. Its all a bunch of hype. These cars will be a dime a dozen within a year. Its just like real estate right now. Too many people think they're about to miss the boat, but this is just what dealers and real estate agents want you to think.

A year from now huh? Care to put a wager on that?

Eventually they will be easy to get, yes, they aren't now, and they aren't any on the horizon to be.

shadowland2000 said:

That's what people have been saying about the 05. Still hasn't happened. And the car has been out for about a year now. I don't think we are going to see any shortage in sales for at least another year. At least not if you want a gt.

you know its funny how i read about all this "demand" but the 3 Ford lots locally have several GT's just sitting on the lots and have been for some time.

on retard wanted something like $6-7 thousand over sticker a few months ago,
than GT is still sitting there.

SVTdriver said:
That's what people have been saying about the 05. Still hasn't happened. And the car has been out for about a year now. I don't think we are going to see any shortage in sales for at least another year. At least not if you want a gt.

it'll happen soon. with ford upping production on the 06s, i'd bet you could probably buy an 07 at or below MSRP by late next year. ford won't hold back on the market with the demand this high. they'll flood the market as quick as they can to get in on the profit before the niche of the car is gone.

Mike