Katrina and my '05

jjaguda

Feb 7, 2004
Well,
I got out of the New Orleans area with my wife and two kids. Eventually, everything will get back to normal. But, I might be replacing my '05 GT. Had to choose between the Mustang or the Explorer to get out of town. The Mustang is sitting in my garage. Don't know when the National Guard will let us back in. Either the house and car are ok . . . or not. We'll see.

So, 06s have 18" wheels now???

Good luck to everyone who had to leave.

• Sponsors (?)

Ahhhhhh jj that sucks... But as long as you and your family are safe. The THINGS can be replaced. I've lost many things in my life but they will never compare to the pain I felt when my pop died!

Take Care and Be Safe!

Jennifer

Sorry to hear about your situation. Been thinking about everyone affected by that mother of a storm. Glad you are safe and prayers go out to all those in the path of Katrina. Good luck!

jjaguda said:
Well,
I got out of the New Orleans area with my wife and two kids. Eventually, everything will get back to normal. But, I might be replacing my '05 GT. Had to choose between the Mustang or the Explorer to get out of town. The Mustang is sitting in my garage. Don't know when the National Guard will let us back in. Either the house and car are ok . . . or not. We'll see.

anyone want to buy a slightly flooded mustang?

jjaguda said:
Well,

What a tough thing to face :( It sounds like you are keeping your spirits up, and that's good.. the car, the house, it's all replaceable, but your lives aren't... it's good that you got out in time. :)

jjaguda said:
Well,

I am really sorry you had to go through this.. Send my regards to your wife and kids! I hope your home is not damaged at all.. The GT can be replaced.. I admire your courage! :nice:

My car is OK House OK too. It is amazing how much of a difference living 12 miles from Metro New Orleans can make.

New Orleans will NEVER be the same.

Watch the news. Eventually the world will know the truth about how this situation was handled.

Thanks for all of the kind thought. They are greatly appreciated.

Joe

I am relieved to hear that your house and items are safe.

I have been watching the news and am appauled at the situation.

It usually takes situations like this to bring about change. Unfortunate for those involved.

Jennifer

Yea, most of us American's agree, seems tragic that the hurricane hit so hard, and even more tragic that with all our resources we're not able to help even more... Glad to hear your stuff is OK... Man I wonder what that'll do to property value and insurance....?

I woulda been in my mustang flying down the high way at a reasonable speed until I reach far inland. Thats what I'd do. "Hurricane?" Ba-boom in the car flying out of town.

In all seriousness though, it's good that you made it out so well. Good luck to everyone out there. Hope everything gets better soon.

Again, thanks for the kind thoughts. I am very fortunate.

Pliskin:
I usually leave town for a hurricane. In recent years however, people have become so numb leaving town for two days for "the big one" that they do not pay so much attention to the media. I even hesitate to leave if the storm is not projected to hit Cat 3 status.

Since Hurricane Betsy 30+ years ago, we have heard that if a big storm hits New Orleans directly, the city is toast. Even alot of diehards fled when they heard that the storm hit Cat 5 status. 175 sustained winds and moving foreward at only 12 mph. --------------- Katrina change course at that last minute hiting the coast 20 to 30 miles to the west. New Orleans actually did well as far as damage goes until a major levee was breached. If the storm had continued on its NNW path instead of turning North, there is not doubt that I would not be typing this post from my home (Mustang would be gone too).

Now that I think about it, the 05 need to stretch her legs.

Take care everyone. Come have a good time in New Orleans when she is back on her feet. The Frence Quarter actually did pretty well with little damage.

jjaguda said:
Again, thanks for the kind thoughts. I am very fortunate.

Pliskin:
I usually leave town for a hurricane. In recent years however, people have become so numb leaving town for two days for "the big one" that they do not pay so much attention to the media. I even hesitate to leave if the storm is not projected to hit Cat 3 status.

Since Hurricane Betsy 30+ years ago, we have heard that if a big storm hits New Orleans directly, the city is toast. Even alot of diehards fled when they heard that the storm hit Cat 5 status. 175 sustained winds and moving foreward at only 12 mph. --------------- Katrina change course at that last minute hiting the coast 20 to 30 miles to the west. New Orleans actually did well as far as damage goes until a major levee was breached. If the storm had continued on its NNW path instead of turning North, there is not doubt that I would not be typing this post from my home (Mustang would be gone too).

Now that I think about it, the 05 need to stretch her legs.

Take care everyone. Come have a good time in New Orleans when she is back on her feet. The Frence Quarter actually did pretty well with little damage.

I was just kidding (as I usually am) and I remember hearing that on the news. People didn't leave cause they get these warnings all the time and because the less fortunate COULDN'T get out if they wanted to. Well, all's going to work out. At least they threw out the idea of keeping New Orleans how it is and making it into a lake. :(

Pliskin said:
I was just kidding (as I usually am) and I remember hearing that on the news. People didn't leave cause they get these warnings all the time and because the less fortunate COULDN'T get out if they wanted to. Well, all's going to work out. At least they threw out the idea of keeping New Orleans how it is and making it into a lake. :(

Pliskin:

Sorry if I seemed abrupt. Gues I'm just venting a little bit, but I am guilty of holding out until the last minute. Usually it take a Category 3 storm before I consider leaving. Even this time, I did not think the storm would come as close as it did. Thats why I left the GT in the garage. Never again. Two days of displacement from home for a false alarm is no big deal when we see how quickly a hurricane can pick up strength. At least we usually have about a weeks notice that a storm might be headed our way. Katrina hit Miami as a Cat 1, I left work on Friday and then Saturday morning I hear that it is up to a Cat 4. Like one of you guys above said, I'll be taking the Mustang and heading out.

Take care.