KD in the rear and KDWS in the front?!?!?

MarcoCapone

Aug 6, 2003
What is your opinion about using 315/35/17 BG-Goodrich TA KD in the rear and DF-Goodrich TA KDWS 275/40/17 in the front!!!????!!!!

A guy at the tire shop told me that it would handle weird since its not tha same tire!?!?!?!?

• Sponsors (?)

and what if I use KD in the back and KDWS in front will it handle like ****????? I know that the KD sucks in rain!!!! But am I going to get sideway as soon as it start to rain!?!?!!?!?!? Anyone have them!?!?!?!? what about the noise??

and what if I use KD in the back and KDWS in front will it handle like ****????? I know that the KD sucks in rain!!!! But am I going to get sideway as soon as it start to rain!?!?!!?!?!? Anyone have them!?!?!?!? what about the noise??

If you hammer it off the line you will get sideways. But KDs aren't all that bad in the rain as long as you drive like a sane person. As for noise yes they are fairly loud. But that's what the stereo is for

What do you mean by fairly loud!?!?!? Is it louder than the exhaust???? i dont want my tire to make more noise that a prochamber with mac catback?????? And is there any down side about mixing tire like that????? Different tire front and rear?

I don't see the point to spend so much on those tires :shrug: A cheaper tire will do you just fine.

have you ever driven with some KDs? Or even KDWs for that matter??? There is a huge difference.

Personally there are two things I don't skimp on when it comes to cars. Tires and brakes possibly the two most important safety items on a car.

have you ever driven with some KDs? Or even KDWs for that matter??? There is a huge difference.

Personally there are two things I don't skimp on when it comes to cars. Tires and brakes possibly the two most important safety items on a car.

Im 100% with you man!!!! Since I plan to supercharged it as my next mod (maybe next spring) I prefer to go with the best i can afford...beside this Theres is no cheap 315....well there is sumitomo.....but everytime I read something on those its just about how bad hey are.....and sorry, just by looking at the thread it look like a big all season tire!?!?!?!

There are tires that match their ability for less is all I am saying. Treadwear on those tires aren't too well so you'll be purchasing ANOTHER set of expensive tires sooner.

My advise to the original poster is to get on tirerack.com and search your tire size and compare the tires. There are some tires quite a bit cheaper that perform better/just as good as the ones you are wanting to buy. You don't have to take that advice, just trying to save you some money for mods ;)

i say get 'em!! you'll love how they feel on dry curvy roads. as long as you can afford the high price.

----> i love my KD's. they are amazing when they heat up on hot, dry roads. They stick to the road so well. The combo with the KDW's up front will work perfectly. it wont handle weird. i've seen 2 cars so far with the same set up (KD's rear and KDW's in front) and no problems.

but yes, they do break traction in the rain quite easily so you just have to drive safe and learn to not give her too much throttle around turns when its really wet out.

AND they are noisey....at around 27 mph they start to howl on my car, and they also do it on the highway at certain speeds above 50....but its barely noticable with magnapacks + offroad X and a JL W7 in the trunk :D

above all, they just look sick!!! (especially in the 315/35/17. they look insanely wide with the tread pattern) everyone asks me if my KD's are drag radials. :rlaugh:

:stupid: KDWs FTW! I love mine...and everyone says that KDWs are really noisy...but I'm not noticing it with them on my car. They grab SO hard (and I have the KDW 295s in the back, NOT the KD's) EVEN IN THE RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

MarcoCapone...are you talking about the KDW's or the KDWS's? I'd say get the KDW's on the front, but not the KDWS's...not unless you live where it snows good for at least 1 full month out of the year. Otherwise, they aren't worth it. Just my 2¢!?!??!! :)rlaugh:)

P.S. Has anyone else noticed that Capone is obsessed with "?!?!?"? He's used either "!" or "?" or a combination of both 13 times in this thread so far..."that shxt is WHACK."

I believe I might be thinking of a different tire than the OP was talking about. Surely he isn't thinking of purchasing the BFGoodrich
g-Force T/A KD for $225+ a tire.

My car is an every day driver and the tires just don't have the treadwear or the wet traction that I would like on my car. I just don't see how you can say that a tire that is average at best in the wet, rated to be noisy (and people have mentioned that since the aggressive tread), and lack of tire life equates to it being an "amazing" tire. I realize I might be the only one mentioning this, though surely some others can see my point here.

A tire to me needs to last and not make me fear driving in any type of weather. The noise doesn't bother me all that much since I was a fool and went through 2 pairs of the yokohama a520s or whatever :rlaugh:

all terrain tires are for SUVs. pshhhh :D

the bfg KDs were rated among the best performing tires for dry roads based on their cornering/traction around turns and curves. check out the ratings people give them for autocross type driving. after driving them hard and heating up, they basically melt to the road creating amazing traction on dry surfaces.