KENBELLE 2.2

saleen556

Dec 2, 2003
Hillsboro,OR
It's on their website.Looks like us 2v guys are gonna be able to run with those snakes.To make this tech am i going to have to upgrade my axles for the 550 hp setup?I am hoping to be able to wipe the grin off those viper and vette guys.

• Sponsors (?)

00s281sc368 said:
You can with the 1700 already! I race with my friend 2001 Viper anytime now, and smoke another body with his 2001 Vette 350HP.

Of course the 2.2 with built engine is another level up :hail2:
hey, nice dude.
i dont know about u, but my rod is knocking real bad right now, i will have my engine rebuild sometime this week. i can't believe that **** happen to me. another 6 Grand for the damn engine :mad:

01MustangGT said:
hey, nice dude.
i dont know about u, but my rod is knocking real bad right now, i will have my engine rebuild sometime this week. i can't believe that **** happen to me. another 6 Grand for the damn engine :mad:
I can....the stock rods are only suppose to be good for around 400fwhp. All you 9psi KB guys are living on borrowed time with stock bottom ends.

Gearbanger 101 said:
I can....the stock rods are only suppose to be good for around 400fwhp. All you 9psi KB guys are living on borrowed time with stock bottom ends.
15 months and 19K Miles worth of borrowed time so far and still going strong... all well worth it at this point to me. Everyone needs to decide their own level of risk and what it's worth to them. And while the rods are most definately the weakest link, it all depends on how hard you are on it; harder you drive it, the less borrowed time you may see. If your plans are to be at the track all the time, start with a built motor or expect a quick engine replacement.

And don't even think of the 2.2L in a stock motor!

BrightBlue00GT said:
And while the rods are most definately the weakest link, it all depends on how hard you are on it; harder you drive it, the less borrowed time you may see.
Nobody installs a blower on their ride to drive it easy. :D Consider yourself lucky thus far. For all that are getting on it all of the time.....I'd be slowly putting money away for a forged rotating assembly at the very least.

Gearbanger 101 said:
Nobody installs a blower on their ride to drive it easy. :D Consider yourself lucky thus far. For all that are getting on it all of the time.....I'd be slowly putting money away for a forged rotating assembly at the very least.
Na, that's :bs: there are lots of street cars out there that don't race, in fact probably more than do. I have 14 trips down the track in mine since the blower, and that's all. Na, it's not luck, it's a good tune. And I've got 72K miles total on the car, so you know it's nice and loose.

BrightBlue00GT said:
Na, that's :bs: there are lots of street cars out there that don't race, in fact probably more than do. I have 14 trips down the track in mine since the blower, and that's all. Na, it's not luck, it's a good tune. And I've got 72K miles total on the car, so you know it's nice and loose.

I don't think that's BS at all, it's in the level of risk one is willing to take...and I'm not going to take that risk myself when I get supercharged. I'll upgrade to forged internals and will get a good tune, because the stang is my daily driver and I want it to last for 150000 miles because I'm keping it for the long haul...eventually it will be my toy once I "settle down".

boomshack said:
I don't think that's BS at all, it's in the level of risk one is willing to take...and I'm not going to take that risk myself when I get supercharged. I'll upgrade to forged internals and will get a good tune, because the stang is my daily driver and I want it to last for 150000 miles because I'm keping it for the long haul...eventually it will be my toy once I "settle down".
You missd the entire point of the :bs: It was aimed at "most people who get supercharged don't take it easy anyway", and that is not true. Yea, everybody has fun, but there are more non racing supercharged and turbocharged cars on our American streets than there are those who only race.

Good for you on playing it safe though. I'd do the same thing if I were in your situation. Of course the fact of being 52 already, and already into your "eventually it will be my toy once I "settle down" " mode kind of makes this all mute for me. I've got 72K miles on my toy and it's still running like a raped ape and I'm having a ball, so what's the point for me? I am not advocating to do what I've done, but a s I've said many times already (as you did) it's a risk everyone has to decide for themselves as you and I have both done.

On another note, I hope you do keep you baby as per your plan on keeping it for the long haul. I've said that myself many many times about many different cars I've owned. But, you know stats will attest to the fact those that "usually" end up keeping a car that long usually do it not out of planning, but chance. I of course wish you the best, but chances are you will find some reason long before reaching that mark to get rid of it by either trade, sell, crash, or junk-it for a mulitude of reasons; money, job, travel, wife, girlfreind, jail, who knows. It's a GREAT plan, don't get me wrong, but sometimes plans just don't work out as you want, so keep an open mind of how much you're willing to spend on your daily driver/toy while enjoying it at the same time. Life is short, enjoy it while you can. Cheers

Daily driver's don't need 500rwhp. Thats the bottom line. If the only vehicle you own needs to have 500 hp, you need to have your head examined.

My reasoning:
Simple. If you only have one vehicle, its probably because you can't afford a second one. Not a bad thing because school, a house and other financial obligations should come first. If you can only afford one vehicle then chances are you can't afford to fix that vehicle every month. Too often people rate their live by the car they drive. Sad but true. I have two vehicles, but will be loosing one soon for a chance to further my education in hopes of landing a 6 figure job in the near future. That will leave me with my good ole stang. Sure I'd love to have 500hp, hell who wouldn't. But practicality comes first. Its tough enough to secure a part time job, attend school full time, live on your own, make a car payment and insurance payment. The last thing I need is to be fixing a vehicle all the time.

If you're only mode of transportation is your Mustang, you need to think about reconsidering your long term and short term goals. I have a friend who has spent thousand's of dollars on his Pontiac GTP. Sure it runs 12's, makes him happy, but he lives on the second floor of someone else's house and pays a ton of money to do so all the while working a crummy job. He fixes his car weekly and never has money to do anything. Go figure huh? Can you say
" Misguided direction? "

If the Mustang is your toy, supercharge away! More power to ya! But if your Mustang is your daily driver, I'd rather drive a reliable high 13s car then live in a cardboard box the rest of my life. Just my .02cents though! No flame intended at all to anyone.
:flag:

2.2 looks great but it'll cost you 18k. basically you'll need the kit - 7k. then you'll need 60lb injectors, dual fuel pumps, new fuel lines, cobra r hood - maybe 2k. labor, chip, custom tune - maybe 2k. new forged bottom end, heads, cams - about 7k. sweet blower but made for a racer with plenty of disposable income.

BrightBlue00GT sorry for misunderstanding the :bs: .

Both you and Dave00GT make very good points and just to be clear, the stang will only be supercharged to ridiculous and unnecessary numbers once it no longer is my daily driver. I agree with both of you in terms that life changes your plans (I've gone from dodging bullets living in a poor war-ravaged country to working a nice job in beautiful Cali USA :flag: and no I'm not a soldier).

And I have no plans of sacrificing my savings for a car. Heck you can see from my sig that I've so far spent less than $500 on my mods...I'm not dropping the cash unless I can afford it easily and without putting me back on the real nice stuff in life...like taking my girlfriend to a romantic weekend getaway!...okay okay this is all :OT: so I will stop now and leave the others to actually answer the question asked in this thread originally.

Dave00GT said:
Daily driver's don't need 500rwhp. Thats the bottom line. If the only vehicle you own needs to have 500 hp, you need to have your head examined.

My reasoning:
Simple. If you only have one vehicle, its probably because you can't afford a second one. Not a bad thing because school, a house and other financial obligations should come first. If you can only afford one vehicle then chances are you can't afford to fix that vehicle every month. Too often people rate their live by the car they drive. Sad but true. I have two vehicles, but will be loosing one soon for a chance to further my education in hopes of landing a 6 figure job in the near future. That will leave me with my good ole stang. Sure I'd love to have 500hp, hell who wouldn't. But practicality comes first. Its tough enough to secure a part time job, attend school full time, live on your own, make a car payment and insurance payment. The last thing I need is to be fixing a vehicle all the time.

If you're only mode of transportation is your Mustang, you need to think about reconsidering your long term and short term goals. I have a friend who has spent thousand's of dollars on his Pontiac GTP. Sure it runs 12's, makes him happy, but he lives on the second floor of someone else's house and pays a ton of money to do so all the while working a crummy job. He fixes his car weekly and never has money to do anything. Go figure huh? Can you say
" Misguided direction? "

If the Mustang is your toy, supercharge away! More power to ya! But if your Mustang is your daily driver, I'd rather drive a reliable high 13s car then live in a cardboard box the rest of my life. Just my .02cents though! No flame intended at all to anyone.
:flag:
Very well put!

01MustangGT said:
hey, nice dude.

Hey Bao,
Did you ever check your tune on the dyno ? I told you to do so, that's the first thing to do after any blower install...

On the nice side, if you re-build you can crank it to 15psi :rolleyes: