LCA's: Standard vs. traction bars.

90mustangGT

I felt sorry for girls because
Founding Member
Jan 15, 2002
Dallas, GA
I am thinking of buying some lower controll arms. There are so many different brands and different types. From what I have looked into, there are standard, adjustable, and traction/lift arms. I have an idea but need to know what the difference in they way they effect the behavior of the suspension compared to one another.

I am looking into a drag setup, so I was thinking about some traction "lift" bars and looking towards the Lakewood's or the Southside's. Which one's should I get and how do they perform vs. standard LCA's. My suspension is otherwise stock except the KYB's and subframes.

• Sponsors (?)

I would go with LCA's most likely adjustable ones since you can adjust them if you want to run slicks vs regular street tires...as to which brand...the only real difference is some companies are more street freindly and easier on you meaning squeak free and not as stiff as oppose to a drag set up...steeda is good for street, MM is good for both and I'm sure there are only drag only LCA...Don't bother with the lift bars...LCA are so much better...

i have the competition engineering traction bars. i wouldnt suggest traction bars, but if u do, go with comp. eng. much better look and make (but not made anymore) i am removing mine soon. Not sure exactly how well they perform but they do make the car look mean as hell from the back. makes it look like u got some beast lol.

i would just go with a nice LCA..o and u can do traction bars AND LCAs.

Thanks for the replies...

So what's so bad about the traction bar LCA's? What are thier driveability characteristics? There were two by Lakewood, Action Traction bars which looked just like controll arms, had the spring perch, and bolted in the same location, one to the tq boxes, and one on the axle but also had like a loop that appears to go around the axle itself I think. Then there were the actual lift bars, I don't mean them, even though I did mention them.