LED Fog bulb review of sorts...

sixt9coug

Sep 30, 2009
Norwalk SoCal
I was taking a few pics of the car one night when I noticed that I had a burned out fog lamp bulb. Dammit, I hate when that happens but much like the average car guy, I decided that rather than cry about it, this would five me the chance to try out something new.

Well cruising Ebay I came across some LED foglight bulbs. These had 18 SMD's and they were an advertised 3000k.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0554840518&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I had 2500K Nokya bulbs in the car and as we all know, the stock Mustang GT fogs suck ass. I had no visible improvement in light when using the fogs so long ago I realized they are pretty much for cosmetic purposes only. I am fine with that.

Well the lights came in this week so I decided to pop them in and see what the deal was (good or bad of course)

Here are the bulbs. The Nokya halogen and the LED bulb -

IMG_5232.jpg

I popped one to replace the burned out bulb first to get a good comparison of how they look next to each other... to say the least... well.. you be the judge

IMG_5233.jpg

Yeah.. that's the LED bulb on the driver's side. Not very bright at all now is it? Plus it has the added bonus of being a touch more orange than the 3000K rating would suggest. The 2500K Nokya was about the perfect color I wanted, but the new LED isn't what I expected.

Here are a few more shots -

LED
IMG_5236.jpg

IMG_5239.jpg

Old Nokya 2500K Halogen -

IMG_5237.jpg

IMG_5238.jpg

Both LEDs in there -

IMG_5242.jpg

IMG_5244.jpg

This last picture is probably the best representation of how the bulbs look in real life. The bulbs are pretty close to the stock "side marker orange" than anything else. They are NOT bright and did I mention they are very orange? lol.

I am rather disappointed in the bulbs, but **** it, I paid for them already so I will rock them for a while. They have crap for output, but so did stock. Well, ok, they put out worse than stock. I will keep my eyes open for something else out there that might work out better, but these are basically best described as "marker light bright" now.

IMG_5243.jpg

Cliffs - Plug-in LED's from Ebay fail to live up to promise. Also, sky is blue, water is wet.

• Sponsors (?)