lets see some engine bays

• Sponsors (?)

DARK-5.0 said:
Need newer pics, this is when it was freshly dropped in.

Jeremy

Wow Jeremy, that looks a lot like what mine used to look like.
im002530.jpg

im002575.jpg

Killercanary said:
Mainly my indecisiveness and money. I couldn't make up mind for the longest time as to what I was going to build next and when I finally did something came along and it totally changed my direction of planning completely. I made a few purchases, but now I am second guessing myself if I did the right thing. I hate to half ass anything when it come to my car and I find myslef making more and more compromises on this buildup. I like to research EVERYTHING I do to my car before I do it, but there are so many options with the route I'm starting to take that I just don't know which is the right direction for me. I HAVE to have the car done by the time the baby is here, so I need to really start making some decisions soon, but I just don't want to be second guessing myself down the road as once this build up is over, the car is DONE in terms of performance. I don't want to ellabortate much more on it at this point in case I do in fact sell what I have already purchased and go in another route.

Paul why not spend $250 on a low mile stock motor, bolt your stuff on it and shoot for an 11.99? Its cheap and you can get the car on the road in a weekend. I located a 39k stock block after mine blew up. I should have bought it and dropped it in with the blower. Had it tuned and been on my way. Instead 14 months went by and several thousands spent. Just a thought.

The intake i had for sale locally for a long time and nobody was interested in it so i put it on along with a fox swap lol

i made the plate out of some sheet metal i had laying around. i painted it black and left it that way for a while. my brother works a dealer bodyshop and he got me the 5.0 off of dodge or something. i thought it would look cool there.

i made the CAI out of some piping i had laying around. made a flange for my maf. thats about it. i have some old posts from the past if you look me up. should be under my fox intake, throttlebody, and valve cover swap thread

VibrantRedGT said:
Paul why not spend $250 on a low mile stock motor, bolt your stuff on it and shoot for an 11.99? Its cheap and you can get the car on the road in a weekend. I located a 39k stock block after mine blew up. I should have bought it and dropped it in with the blower. Had it tuned and been on my way. Instead 14 months went by and several thousands spent. Just a thought.

I have my stock shortblock, the shortblock that needs rebuilt out of my '90GT, a spare shortblock in unknown condition I picked up two years ago from an '88GT, and a stock block with no internals. I would have to get my 165's repaired if I wanted to run a stock shortblock based buildup since the heads I planned to run will not work with stock pistons, and that will cost money in itself. I just sent you a quick email.

EDIT: my email just came back undeliverable, it says that [email protected] is not a good email address.

Killercanary said:
I have my stock shortblock, the shortblock that needs rebuilt out of my '90GT, a spare shortblock in unknown condition I picked up two years ago from an '88GT, and a stock block with no internals. I would have to get my 165's repaired if I wanted to run a stock shortblock based buildup since the heads I planned to run will not work with stock pistons, and that will cost money in itself. I just sent you a quick email.

EDIT: my email just came back undeliverable, it says that [email protected] is not a good email address.

I had no idea the heads were damaged. That blows! Use [email protected] for email. I'll have to check why that stangnet.com isn't working.