Let's see your garages!

Not rich by any means...I waited along time to build my garage and the lift was in the budget from day one...
For the price of a decent H/C/I set-up, a lift can be had....Thats one reason why I run Thumpers and not AFR's....:D

• Sponsors (?)

Installed outdoor rug (non-stitched).
Race Deck black and gray squares for under the car.
Installed carpet on my work bench.
Installed small stainless steel fridge.

I'll post up more pics.

View attachment 488290
Garage.jpg

Race deck squares.
garagefloor.jpg

Cable TV with HBO, cinemax, Showtime, Starz, Encore, TMC and about 80 other channels.
View attachment 488296

Suround sound-Onkyo reciever and CD player with Cambridge speakers and sub.
View attachment 488298

Finally have everything organized so I can find it. I buy things by the case because I'm in the automotive industry so its cheap.
View attachment 488300

Carpeted work bench.
View attachment 488302

Joe, your garage reminds me of fox-owner Derek's (Dman) - both are nicer than my living room. :bang:

Andy, you get the requisite :drool:

In Seattle, our old neighbor built his dream garage (he had to build a house too, per his wife :rlaugh: ).
The house was a 1600 sq ft pavillion design (not my thing) and the garage was 8 bays, triple deep (Two RV doors) with a couple lifts. The living quarters over the garage were nicer and as big as the house itself.

Only pic i have of the garage.. it's heated (damn cold here) and has a second floor aswell, just didnt took pics. And anyway the garage isnt done yet, it's a brand new house here we'll finish it during the spring...

But here's a pic after I finished washing\waxing her for the winter season.
Right now it's packed with a 40k Harley-Davidson, the stang and a 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT, few bucks in there.

mestang.JPG

Zero Signal said:
RIO: Are you actually in your attic trusses or did you go with a ridge-beam design with floor joists over bearing walls between the bays?

Yes, inside the trusses, they're designed for 2' OC then add 5/8 or 3/4 plywood for the floor... normal trusses you loose all the space plus the pitch ain't jack, like 4/12, to much snowload for this span to me....these are 8/12 pitch...I didnt want a bearing wall or column's inbetween the bays either....It was way cheaper to frame it with the attic trusses versus stick framing it, never mind way quicker...
I went 24x24 then added a 12' carport on both sides..over 24' per zoning reg's I needed a 4' frost wall and didn't want to throw all that money into concrete...

Damned...that mother's got some space to it....what size is it???

stprorolla49 said:
well rio, hopefully ill be able to have a garage like yours someday..my dad and i wanna build one, but the time is lacking...heres ours, and some other cool pics i took today...

DSCN0883.jpg

DSCN0890.jpg

DSCN0891.jpg

PLEASE stop posting pics until you paint your car.:nonono:

Attachments

• DSCN0883.jpg
    DSCN0883.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 62
  • DSCN0890.jpg
    DSCN0890.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCN0891.jpg
    DSCN0891.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 61
my garage? my driveway ... or my parking lot at work ... or the parking lot at the home depot near where i work.

can you imagine that? god damn $920,000 house on a measley 1/4 acre and there isn't even a freaking garage? sometimes i hate where i live. way too expensive.

:mad: :bang:

BlueOvalStangGT said:
Heres mine at the moment! Or lack of garage!! I just walked out my dorm room to snap these pics, and while I was at it I was kindly informed by one of the parking guys that they were trying to tow my car for the past week. Not good!
why were tehy gonna tow it? because its on the jack stands?