Lingenfelter heads and Joe overton cam Dynojet #s

LPE Z CONVT said:
Sounds like maybe you need to find a guy by the name of Joe Overton and see how well your 409 stacks up to a 388... N/A of course... :rlaugh:
First, I put the smiley face because I was kidding. My Dad has a 62 Belair with a 409, it's just a very cool car. A few have seen pictures of it, hence the reason I said it.

Second, get off Joe Overtons crotch. Yeah, he's got a fast car. Other than that, who cares.

Third; let me let you in on a little secret. Your car is not an extension of your penis, and should not be treated as such. Motorsports are a hobby for 99.9% of the people enjoying them, not a life. There is nothing wrong with being passionate about your hobbies, however, by going onto a website and picking fights (making "jokes", whatever) you become what I like to call a DH. I for one am not interested in your dyno numbers, and your track times posted are "less than stellar" to say the least. :nice:

Cheers, :)

Joe

• Sponsors (?)

my car is a 302 with bone stock heads old times are in the sig, but thats not where it is now different manifold and welds slicks and skinnies.... and a pile of other stuff sitting in my living room ready to go on when i feel like it but i have more important things going on right now.

Listen Junior it will take alot more than your stock 302 and stock heads ... You wouldn't be in the same zip code after we raced... If your so fond of LS1s why don't you own one? or is the stock 302 fast enough for you :rlaugh: What year is your friends car? My friends car still has the LS1 intake .... But sounds like you are bench racing ... The old i have alll these parts waiting to go on my car you better watch out game :bs: Lingenfelter has my twin turbo setup waiting for me to... :rlaugh:

Third; let me let you in on a little secret. Your car is not an extension of your penis, and should not be treated as such. Motorsports are a hobby for 99.9% of the people enjoying them, not a life. There is nothing wrong with being passionate about your hobbies, however, by going onto a website and picking fights (making "jokes", whatever) you become what I like to call a DH. I for one am not interested in your dyno numbers, and your track times posted are "less than stellar" to say the least.

Correct me if i am wrong but i didn't start the flame war you guys did ... This is a hobby for me also... State where i picked a fight with anybody.... You guys are making all the wise cracks .... So [email protected] with a weight of 4000# is not that good then IYO what is... BTW those runs were against a modded o3 cobra who lost .... and the last run he blew a half shaft against me and lost again :rlaugh: He had exhaust, diablo tune and 6# pulley....

You are on a Ford board, and you are talking ****. Be prepared to take a whole lot in return. 12.3 @ 112.15 is not bad. But if you had to be heavily modified to get there, it's not particularly impressive either -- at least 95snoozer can say he's in the 12's with just bolt-ons, and that's saying something when you're starting with a 95 GT. Can you guess who I have more respect for, when choosing between someone who bought their way to a 12 vs. someone who worked their ass off to get there?

Who cares anyway, if you're looking for adulation for a SBC combo, head over to the Camaro board.

Joes95GT said:
Third; let me let you in on a little secret. Your car is not an extension of your penis, and should not be treated as such.
Joe

Joe- Who cares how big your penis is, as long as it gets the job done. Be it 2 minutes or an hour, as long as the jobs complete :D

Can you guess who I have more respect for, when choosing between someone who bought their way to a 12 vs. someone who worked their ass off to get there?

How did i buy my way to the 12s ... Yes i did bought the heads and put them and i have done all the work on my car to date.... I could have gone high12s with boltons but would have to loose alot of weight... Anybody can make a light car fast ... Make a heavy go fast is alot harder...

Paul on here will race you! and run side by side if not beat you in his NA 302 vert!...and how can you knock Snoozer?? he runs 12's with the mods he has...also if the guy you mention with the cam only LS1 could drive that thing right and equaled your 60' he would beat you by like 6 tenths...there are plenty of cars over here that would walk away from you so just dont come over hear trying to impress us with your Fbody...you should head out and try and figure out how to get that lump out of your floor....

Anthony

LPE Z CONVT said:
Can you guess who I have more respect for, when choosing between someone who bought their way to a 12 vs. someone who worked their ass off to get there?

How did i buy my way to the 12s ... Yes i did bought the heads and put them and i have done all the work on my car to date.... I could have gone high12s with boltons but would have to loose alot of weight... Anybody can make a light car fast ... Make a heavy go fast is alot harder...
anyone can make an auto car fast...it takes a driver to make a 5spd car fast...his car has TONS less power than yours he can just drive the piss out of it....

Anthony

LPE Z CONVT said:
Correct me if i am wrong but i didn't start the flame war you guys did ... This is a hobby for me also... State where i picked a fight with anybody.... You guys are making all the wise cracks .... So [email protected] with a weight of 4000# is not that good then IYO what is... BTW those runs were against a modded o3 cobra who lost .... and the last run he blew a half shaft against me and lost again :rlaugh: He had exhaust, diablo tune and 6# pulley....
I will correct you once again. I did not start the flame war, I simply tried to add some humor to the conversation. Obviously you don't have a very good sense of humor, and went in the opposite direction.

I don't know much about new Camaros, but I have a hard time believing that your car, with driver, weighs 4000 pounds. 3700-3800 I could understand. Maybe the driver isn't helping... :)

As for the track times, let me break this down for you as simply as possible. They ARE NOT impressive. There are no two ways about it. You say your current numbers are 386/362, and you claimed you picked up 25 more ponies after the dyno session. For the sake of arguing, I'll assume the torque figures were the same before and after the dyno session.

You went to the track and ran a 12.33 @ 112 with 361/362, with a short time of 1.8xx.

The MPH is low for those kind of horsepower numbers, and quite frankly, the 60's aren't much better. For throwing all that power at the chassis, I don't see the sense in putting more power to the ground if the chassis can't handle it. You wouldn't have needed the dyno tune for the extra horsepower, had you known how to tune the chassis. :)

LPE Z CONVT said:
Note: the bolded, underlined, and italicized portion of your previous post.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda, but you didn't my friend. Lets keep the facts from the fiction.

That's all....

;)

Joe

son?

your the child pretending to know your $hit when you act like a newB who read about one racer and you quopte his times over and over. you are the one who needs to read up and go do some research. You and your friends are sub par for what they have done.

same zip code? um your motor times are a few tenths faster than my old settup... wooohoo

my friends cars? do i even have to list? I donthang out with mustang owners in fact i have very few whpo are my real friends. everyone else drives and f body so i know what they do and am an active member of ls1tech ls1.com camaro z28.com ls2 etc etc etc

my roomates cars... is the one who made 404/424 on the tr224 s2 ported tb yank 4000 stall KN fipk ls6 intake hooker LTS borla

95 1sc m6 z28 lt4 hot cam recently tuned
arizona speed and marine midlengths 4.10s intake, etc etc about to have weight reduction by Snoozer and would give your car a run for your money from a roll for sure on motor.

my friends...
ws6 full boltons tr224 115.9 on the motor before his 3.73 gears and 120s on the bottle

00 z28
full boltons ported 5.3 heads g5 x2 423 hp

00 ws6 MTI t1 cam MAC midlengths loudmouth, lid 376 hp

99 SS ported 5.3 heads .598/.610 cam weld prostars 3.73s Yank pt 4200 stall
430s on motor 11.1 at 122 1.5 60 stock rear

01 blown heads cam ls1 ...yawn 530s on 6-7 poounds now on 9 pound pulley

00 turbo ls1.....

formula... ls6 intake LTs true duals small comp custom grind that went mid 11s on 4200 yank stall... now has much bigger .598/.610 cam from the 99 ss

00 TA fast toys ramair lid LTs borla s2 TB... 12.8 at 112 bad driver mod M6

bah i am tired of listing...why was i supposed to again anyways?

and these are real friends not acquaintances. my drinkin buddies and roomates and neighbors.

your car is small potatoes and doesnt impress me sorry. I know where my car stands and that is fine with me. and your right, I am imagining the heads cam, long tubes, pro chamber coilovers, TB and nitrous works wet plate kit i have sittin on the living room floor. I work to much and would rather spend time with the lady than spend a weekend putting it on in the texas heat. I will probably put it on when i feel like it this fall.

the only ls1 I will own is a millenium yellow c5

My car is just fine and is almost done for now.

I don't know much about new Camaros, but I have a hard time believing that your car, with driver, weighs 4000 pounds. 3700-3800 I could understand. Maybe the driver isn't helping...

My car on co-op scales weighed 3858 and i weigh 215 you do the math....

Well i guess i know where i stand with the mustang croud.... Your cars are all fast with few mods but your Baddest car built to date can't beat me off the bottle with mods .... I am just glad my mustang friend in my home town are alot better people than you guys are... Good Day....

LPE Z CONVT said:
Well i guess i know where i stand with the mustang croud.... Your cars are all fast with few mods but your Baddest car built to date can't beat me off the bottle with mods .... I am just glad my mustang friend in my home town are alot better people than you guys are... Good Day....
Why do you keep reverting this back to who's car is faster. I never said anything about that. We're criticizing you.

If the outcome of a race between your beloved Camaro and a Mustang becomes the center of your earth, you have serious problems. I have no problems loosing to a Camaro. :shrug:

Joe

LPE Z CONVT said:

choosing a fat [pig to go fast is just stupid

how do you think these peopel you preach about go fast? they have rediculously lite race weights

DO you even know who jay johnson is and how much that car weighs?

its not harder if you just throw power at the car. anyone can do that with cash. My money goes mostly to my tuition right now so i dont have that luxory yet, but i think i am doing just fine.

a lighter car will break less parts due to not needing as much power and the strain opn the drive train. it will launch much harder, it will brake better handle better and get better gas mileage. Its much better to have someone look at you in awe when you tell them what little mods you have done to get where you are instead of them going "oh" :nonono: and walking away after they find out what ittook to achieve your little trap

PS. dont mess with texas f bodies :D

LPE Z CONVT said:
I don't know much about new Camaros, but I have a hard time believing that your car, with driver, weighs 4000 pounds. 3700-3800 I could understand. Maybe the driver isn't helping...

baddest car built to date?

where the $hit are you getting this stuff from?

go play with your little mustang friend :nice:

LPE Z CONVT said:

our baddest car built to date cant beat you off the bottle?...i know of a Sn95 convertable that would make your car look silly, even with you spraying till the cows came home...

Anthony

I just want to state for the record that this wasnt a flame war because you are an f body guy.

It is kind of stupid that you cam and popsted this in the 94-95 tech forum... thast just plain retarded, but despite that.....

you started arguing lt1s versus ls1 supremacy. this is where the argumnent started. You threw out ignorant and poor examples to prove your incorrect point. You got calle don it by someone who knows more than you on the subject and has more exposure to the ls1 world.

You in turn after realizing you had no rebuttle tried to attack the very people's cars who know more than you about the ls1 lts potential..

Good Job :nice:

now go on thinking your car is impressive. your just another sea bass in the sea of sharks. Now i know there are alot of guppies on this forum , but that is to be expected these cars started out as high 14- high 15 cars from the factory. :notnice:

VIPERn94Five-0 said:
our baddest car built to date cant beat you off the bottle?...i know of a Sn95 convertable that would make your car look silly, even with you spraying till the cows came home...

Anthony

would that be a little yellow 331 turbo saleen clone :shrug: :nice: