LMR aka 5.0 resto has gone mad

BK_CAULEY

it's built for speed not longevity, woman
Dec 26, 2006
Thomasville, ga
check this crap out. That much for a little moulding. and why is the exact same moulding just the other side more expensive? it makes no sense. they have smoked themselves stupid.

new.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Fock em that. I needed new molding saw those prices, went on ebay and bought a used straight piece, repainted, reapplied and called it a day.

They do alot of stupid crap like that. They sell the passenger side hood hinge seal for my car but not the drivers side :nonono:

BK. I took mine off with a long razor knife and blade. Cut them close to the body, keep them as straight as possible. I did this with my door moldings too. You think the quarter moldings are bad????

The door moldings are 168.95 a peice!!! Whoa, if you bought all 6 rubber moldings you would be spending over 600 bucks!! I took 5 hours and restored the ones I used on Hack Job.

They do that with a lot of their stuff. Why? because certain stuff like that is replaced on both sides when people do it, so they make more money by charging normal price for one and ridiculous price for the other. That's the only theory I have.

Supply and demand, my friends. Supply and demand. They know it's getting harder and harder to score little oddball parts like that, and they also know that a lot of people are desperate enough to have 'em that they're willing to shell out the extra bucks to buy 'em from them rather than go through the trouble of salvaging their old ones or hunting the boneyards for good pieces.

I almost left them off Hack Job. I'm glad I stuck with them. I did a good job with them. There are a couple of spots I'm not too happy with. When you stand over them, I see things I don't like....so they are not perfect, but they are good. Besides, my car is a driver, not a trailer queen.

50 Resto is good for few things, but their prices are so dumb. Fox body mustangs are so abundant, there is usually always one within a rocks throw.

Junkyards are full of all those parts.