Long Tubes

mike keirstead said:
WTF WTF WTF WTF.....My headers don't run through my steering shaft. Mines an 89 Gt also.

I don't understand at all. Did you get the right headers?

Yuhp we thought the same thing maybe they were wrong ones so i called the performance shop we orderd them through and they said yeah you have to run steering shaft through the headers.

• Sponsors (?)

88stangmangt said:
no people talk smack cause they put them on and dont check there motor mounts or bolt there engine high enough back in the craddle. if everyone had the same problem then mac wouldnt make them anymore would they?

Well whatever. I had new solid motor mounts. I lifted the motor 6 inches and they slid in like you wouldn't believe. It only took me 1 1/2 or so. It was cake. I let the motor down and they fit awsome. If people blame MAC for making crappy headers, when they have bad mounts, then that is just retarded. I am glad i bought the headers and I will buy another set when I am ready for 1 3/4.

88stangmangt said:
no people talk smack cause they put them on and dont check there motor mounts or bolt there engine high enough back in the craddle. if everyone had the same problem then mac wouldnt make them anymore would they?

Theres really only one way to bolt the motor in, because the mount has to fit in just right. I even have a flaming river solid shaft thats about an inch round and it still hits in a few places. I think Mac made them run through the shaft to keep them away from the clutch cable, thats what it looks like. I know I will never buy Mac Lt's again. :notnice:

88stangmangt said:

Smack Where? Put it away if your not gonna share!

You can really only set the mounts in one way and this is an all new 331 stroker setup up with polyurethane mounts.And I never said i didnt like Mac Headers a i just said the steering shaft had to run through them not that big of a deal...and yes MAC would probably still make these Headers because there a Pretty Decent Bang for the Buck and maybe they intentionally redesigned them to bolt up that way so they could have a better flow design...who knows!

mike keirstead said:
I still don't understand why my headers do not do that.

Well im thinking about going with the HTS coated 1 3/4 MAC longtubes with that Beefed up AOD i was talking about in other topic and taking out my 2.5" exhaust for some 3" to help support my upcoming Head Mods.