Looking at 10th anniv Cobra-opinions!

91zr1

Apr 24, 2003
Helena,alabama
I am looking at 2003 Red 10th Anniversary Edition Cobra with 13000 miles.
I really like the different rims and calipers and seats. I was wondering if the Supercharged motors are holding up and what to expect with the Cobra.
I am a Corvette freak, and really need a car with a back seat.

• Sponsors (?)

good choice

I own a silver convertible 10th. I've owned since new. the interior has held up very well, they only made 2003 with this option 1000 convertibles 1003 coupes in three colors red black silver. therfore they are future collectables since I believe the SVT Cobra is history it will only be badging and parts from SVT from here on out. but other than from investment point my SVT has held up well for a Ford Mustang mated to 400hp. I'm sure the current vehicle you own is a better balanced vehicle and may be a bit of cultural shock driving the cobra at first. But they are a blast to drive. they are not so much of eye candy as a vette so you can get away with a lot more horseplay. Gas milage averages 20 mpg and if you are a large person, side bolsters of seat may be issue. The only people having problems are the ones making 600 hp with Kenny Bell blowers if you catch my drift. you can upgrade exhaust CAI and have blower ported end up 450 hp and and a realiable machine if you wish. If mine got totaled tomorrow I would be looking for the same exact used SVT to buy to replace it

As mentioned above the Cobra is a different beast .... something I'm sure you're very aware of.
The 10th Aniv Cobra is an interesting styled Cobra from FORD. Red accents, dark rims and unique badging. One of the hotter FORD mustangs in recent history IMHO.
Durability is good for mostly stock vehicles. There are TSBs out there and well known and documented 'quirks'. Little to sway a true enthusiast.

BTW, mine did get totaled and I am looking for a replacement. ;) So if you don't buy it .... let us know. :nice:

Great replies. The only thing that worries me is that I have driven various Corvettes for over 14 years now, and I am really used to driving a two seater car. I absoulutely love the 10th Anniversary edition Cobra, especially in the red, so I am going to give her a test drive Saturday. I was supposed to go today, but it rained cats and dogs. The situation I am in is thus: When school starts back, I will have to take one of my kids to school every once and a while, which I have done in the past, but having 3 cars for 2 garages is really a pain in the ass. It would be nice to have a newer fast car that has a back seat. And just to let you guys know, the other car I use is my brothers,
original owner 1989 LX 5.0 Mustang 5 speed with 245000 miles. It runs perfectly and is in great condition. But it is kind of old, and I would rather have the Cobra.