Looking at new pistols! OPINIONS WANTED!!!!!

grey5.0beast

Cookies should never be DUNKED!!!
Aug 3, 2004
atl ga
Well I have finally grown out of the little Walther .22 that I turned into a GREAT target pistol. I am looking for something with a bit more umphhh. I am looking into anything between .22-.380. My neighbor has 4 Sig sauers and I am really considering a trade on a .380 Sig for my walther at a local gun shop. I am thinking I can get around 400- 450 out of mine on a sale probably 350-400 on a trade in. Let me know what yall think I should look into, pics and opinions are welcome. Here are a few pics of my walther for reference.
My walther is the Two-tone gun to the right of the SKS. Its features are 5 inch barrel, two-tone, (Not pictured) sight rail and holo sight. Overall its a perfect target pistol, no kick, good size for what it is, VERY ACCURATE. I have shot 1/2 inch groups at 25 meters with no stand. Only around 100 shots through it with not a single jam!
View attachment 458114
I'll see if I can pull it out and take somepics with the sight on.

• Sponsors (?)

Ummm... one i am 16, don't need a .45(ammo is expensive) two: My dad says I can't have anything bigger than what he has. We already have a classic 1911 .45(pictured). I am thinking about a custom kimber .380 1911.

For cheap ammo you cannot beat a 9mm.

I have a Bersa thunder .380 and love it. The price is VERY reasonable and it has never jammed on me and is very accurate. I've put almost 3000 rounds through it and clean it every time i get home from the range and it still looks new.

It's very simalar to your walther so i imagine you would like the feel of the gun. Not very much "kick" to it either. My wife can shoot it, she can't hit **** most of the time but she loves to shoot it as do i. It has enough safety mechanisms that i can keep it loaded and never have to worry about it getting into the hands of my child and causing any danger (though it is very well hidden when i'm not carrying it and is high a top the gun cabinet where she cannnot get to it). It's light enough that i carry it everyday and never get tired of the "extra weight".

http://www.gunblast.com/Bersa_Thunder380.htm

Lol, I have the Bersa .380 too. Its in that pic as well. Looks like I have all of the good guns already lol. It is a very nice pistol. I got it for $160 and it has not jammed once! If your looking for some good cheap .380 ammo AIMSurplus.com has 1000 bulk packs for 100 bucks. 10 cents a round ain't bad at all for the quality. Shoots very consistent, never jams and its cheap, Russian ammo I believe. Silver Bear is the brand.

Edit: this is also the gun that my dad carries most of the time.

grey5.0beast said:
Lol, I have the Bersa .380 too. Its in that pic as well. Looks like I have all of the good guns already lol. It is a very nice pistol. I got it for $160 and it has not jammed once! If your looking for some good cheap .380 ammo AIMSurplus.com has 1000 bulk packs for 100 bucks. 10 cents a round ain't bad at all for the quality. Shoots very consistent, never jams and its cheap, Russian ammo I believe. Silver Bear is the brand.

Edit: this is also the gun that my dad carries most of the time.
I only use remington for target practice, because ive seen first hand what a "cheap" round can do when it fires off in the chamber because the casing was to weak and poorly made.

Other then that i use winchester hollow points for my daily defense rounds.

Thanks for the link though.
I would just rather spend a little extra for a qaulity name brand round, then save a few dollars and risk losing a limb or worse. At least if something like that happens with a remmington or winchestor me or my family can sue their ass for millions.

The glock is a great piece. I like that old school .45 with the real wood handle. Damn, they don't make them like they used to. I have big hands so that's prolly the smallest I can work with. However I am more partial to the .40 Desert Eagle. All round good pistol. Holds 10 rounds and it has some kick to it.

BE_Full_Matt-Black.jpg

I have the basic Glock 17 (9mm) and would recommend it to anyone man. Highly accurate. I hate clangy metal pistols. I also have a 33 round clip for it :lol:

The last time I took that clip out a guy told my friends that they brought a Mercenary with them :lol:

PS: I would also highly recommend MyBad's 45- Awsome gun with flash supressor!

I have bad luck with the taurus brand so I think I will stay away from them. A 9mm is possible considering it is the same size as a .380, a lil longer though. I don't have very big hands and I always thought the glocks were kind of fat gripped. I made a custom 25 round clip for my neighbors colt mustang .380. I took a stock clip, cut of the bottom, bent a peice of sheet metal to the exact curvitures of the stock clip, welded the sheet metal extension to the bottom of the stock clip. Now all I have to do is figure out what I am gonna do about the spring.

MyBad70 said:
i got a taurus PT945 .45 acp and it shoots awesome. doesnt kick hard and very accurate

View attachment 458064

i have the same exact one, just bought it about 2 weeks ago matter fact cause i got my CCW i have taken it to the range its its great not too hard of a kick and accurate as hell....hollowpoints for this unit are under a dollar a round...i dont use them for practice shooting of course but this is my personal protection gun and thats whats in the magazine whe its by my side.....Its also my first gun that i have owned, the gun i used to pass the course and qualify was a 38 revolver and this .45 gun has less kick and way more accurate then the revolver

I shoot a Glock 21 .45 acp. Extremely fun to shoot and accurate to boot. Very smooth and reliable. I trust it with my life and it stays loaded next to my bed every night. Happy hunting.

I highly suggest going with Glock, but that's just my opinion.

The G21 is a full size, but if you are looking to get something a bit more concealable for CCW go with the
G23 .40 Love them Glocks!

I would highly recommend going with a 9mm over the .380. Price of ammo is pretty comparable and the 9mm is a superior cartridge hands down. What's your budget? There are endless possibilities here. I own about a dozen handguns, and 5 9mm's. Glock, Sig, S&W, Beretta, and H&K are all good choices. The Springfield XD pictured above is a nice gun as well, and is a little more reasonably priced. Or you could just save up for one of these:
View attachment 458042