Looking at new pistols! OPINIONS WANTED!!!!!

Hmm... Well, you didn't say what the gun was gonna be used for, so we are getting all kinds of ideas thrown around here. You did say you wanted something between a .22 and a .380. I would say if you don't get another .22, for sure get at least a .380. I personaly know someone shot with a .25, and it didn't break skin after going through a leather jacket. I also like the Sig 232's. It is alomost too small for me, I have to watch how I grip it, or it will bite me. My g/f is super accurate with one.
It is gonna be hard to get something as accurate as the Walther without getting another .22 OR spending quite a bit of money. I know everyone is gonna be yelling about how accurate their glock is, but listen to who you will.
Kimbers are very popular around here, but I would personally rather have a Para Ordance. You need to decide what the primary use of the gun is before you spend too much money you could be buying stang parts with.

• Sponsors (?)

I use it for mainly target. I just want a fun gun that I can have with me through highschool, then take it to college as a personal protection deal. Oh and I have an M-4 clone. M- forgery if you will. I don't have any pics yet, just built it with parts off of the internet, total build cost was roughly 700 dollars. Its badass.

See, that is the problem. To get a pistol to make little bitty groups with, and use as a carry gun, you are gonna have to spend quite a bit of cash. I love the Tauras Milleniums as carry guns, but they really don't shoot well. There are quite a few .22s that make great target guns, but you wouldn't want to carry one. I have a CZ 75 that is the best shooting 9mm I have ever shot, but it is a little heavy as a carry gun. Some people carry 1911's all the time, but I really don't like carrying full metal frame guns, except maybe a .380. In this scenario, you almost want to get a really nice gun like a Kimber or Para, but like you said .45 is pretty expensive, so your choices are limited. I really like the Para LDA, if you have never shot one, I would suggest it.

Yes the frame is polymer. I had a Glock 23 (.40 S&W) ANd now I have the Springfield XD 40 S&W. Excellent gun. I like it so much more than the glock. and with a lifetime warranty (that they actually stand behind), you can't go wrong. Plus it is cheaper than the glocks. Plus 40cal ammo isn't all that expensive.

Does glock make a .380? If not I will be forced to go with the 9mm. Not that I am complaining. and when I said target, I really just like to shoot at ****. It doesn't have to make tiny groups, thats what my other target rifles are for. I just would shoot it at the target range every other weekend. Thanks for the advice everybody. I am going with the Glock 17 or if they make a .380 then whatever that is.

Ok i have made a final decision!
I am going to go with the Glock 25 .380 auto. There is a gun show this weekend and I am going to see if I can either sell or trade my pistol for one. The glock 28 has a stubby grip, which I wouldn't enjoy. I guess the Glock 25 would be great and I am going to try and get a big ass clip like hoodstrype's. We can be mercenary brothers!

this is all my mom would let me have.
water-pistol.jpg

its pretty accurate, hits 4 people at a 10 ft. distance. ammo is very cheap also.

:lol: ^^^

grey5.0beast said:
Ok i have made a final decision!
I am going to go with the Glock 25 .380 auto. There is a gun show this weekend and I am going to see if I can either sell or trade my pistol for one. The glock 28 has a stubby grip, which I wouldn't enjoy. I guess the Glock 25 would be great and I am going to try and get a big ass clip like hoodstrype's. We can be mercenary brothers!

That's partially good news. The 380 is a slower bullet I believe- go with the 9mm. Ammo is cheap. Plus they only made these clips for the 9mm Glock 18 which is an automatic pistol sold over seas. The clip will fit any 9mm glock. :)

:nice: Good luck buddy!

hahaha. I got a 20 guage Remington for my 10th bday. redneck :shrug:
edit: I had the gun 6 years, just sold it for 240 bucks, 1 dollar more than what it was bought for. I guess that's what you get when you take care of ****!

HoodStrype said:
That's partially good news. The 380 is a slower bullet I believe- go with the 9mm. Ammo is cheap. Plus they only made these clips for the 9mm Glock 18 which is an automatic pistol sold over seas. The clip will fit any 9mm glock. :)

:nice: Good luck buddy!
Yeah I know the 9 is fatser, but I already have 2000 .380 bullets that need some wastin! plus 17 rounds/clip is plenty for me!

After looking up the Glock 25 further, I realized that the .380 glocks were sold for law enforcement purposes only. I will either have to go with a used law gun, if i can find one at the show, or a Glock 17, to make roofiestrype happy!

grey5.0beast said:
After looking up the Glock 25 further, I realized that the .380 glocks were sold for law enforcement purposes only. I will either have to go with a used law gun, if i can find one at the show, or a Glock 17, to make roofiestrype happy!

They also make the Glock 19 wich is a size smaller than mine and the "Baby Glock" which I will be buying as soon as I get out of the dog house :D

You'll really enjoy the Glock. It's a breeze to field strip and clean and it shoots/points real nice. If you ever plan to CCW with your new pistol, I would suggest going with the G19. It is a bit smaller and easier to conceal. Also, if you are going to CCW get a good gun belt and look into the C.T.A.C. holsters. They are an inside the waist band (IWB) and conceal a pistol very well. Good luck and congrats on going with the glock, you won't be dissapointed!

Here is a great forum based website that deals with all pistols but Glocks are definitely the favorite:
www.glocktalk.com

Cheers!

grey5.0beast said:
Yeah I know the 9 is fatser, but I already have 2000 .380 bullets that need some wastin! plus 17 rounds/clip is plenty for me!

Lol only 2000 rounds? Nah, I can't tease I'm on a low spot. New apartment doesn't have room for me to reload much. Been using a hand press. Plus I have been so busy and the weather here sucks balls so I have not been able to get out much.

Anyway I have see atleast three of you make this mistake and its kinda a pet peeve. It's not a clip its a magazine. There is a difference and a rather substantial one. You sound dumb and when you make it. Its kinda like motor vs engine. Everyone makes the mistake but those in the know will look down on you for doing it.

Clips hold rounds and charge either a magazine or a cylinder (in a revolver). Magazines charge the weapons chamber. Easy way to remember is if it has a spring in it its a magazine if it just holds the ammo together its a clip. Lol. Like I said its a pet peeve of mine.

Oh, and I hope every gun owner here has joined the NRA. Numbers matter and they really have been helping us keep our rights. Its only 35 bucks a year and then you get all the junk mail you can stand.

Because of the NRA I now own an mforgery with all the goodies plus it was made during the ban so it has "Restricted. For law enforcement and government use only" stamped on the mag well.