Looking for 300whp

LS14Winter

Apr 10, 2005
I just got a 92 lx convertible with AOD. I really wanted a 5 speed but i thought ill fix it up some and sell it or trade it when I find a clean notch 5speed. Anyway, im pretty set on getting a cheap blower that can easily be taken off and swapped to my next 5.0. This makes the powerdyne very appealing because of the quick and easy install.

My 5.0 has brand new exhaust so i would hate to upgrade it unless you guys think the stock exhaust could be resold to recoup some of the value... The car is bone stock, i have a Pro-M maf in my closet that was used on an 00 LS1 trans am, would like to get that recaliberated for my mustang, add a entry level blower.. is the UPR power pipe worth it on low boost applications?

I will probably run an FMU unless I can find a decent tuner in my area (grand rapids Michigan) any thoughts or suggestions?

• Sponsors (?)

1. Sell that Pro-M and get one for designed for EEC and calibrated for the injector you are going to run.

2. IMO to get 300 at the wheel going with an after market 2.5 exhaust will make it easier than sticking with stock straws.

3. You don't need a power pipe.

4. You could do alot better than Powerdyne. I personaly like Kenny Bell. But Votec/Paxton (same parent company now) are well built, popular, and easy to find a good you used one.

5. The are some good people in Michigan that know what they are doing, do some research.

6. You have alot more planning to do, starting with what will this car be used for? Everything else needs to be planned from there.