looking for a new hood NEED HELP!!

sa6988

Jul 5, 2004
Chico,CA
alright so i want to get a 1.5" bolt on cowl hood for my 87...i checked cervinis and the price is way too high for me ($459+$150 shipping)...are there any other places that u guys have bought a quality hood for less? i was lookin at these other 2 places one is "design concepts" where it costs $289.95 and "HO Fibertrends" where it costs $369...why is there such a difference in prices? im afraid to order a cheap hood and find out why it was so cheap u know what i mean? if there is a good company that makes good hoods please let me know...so could someone please help me out and shed some light on this?? thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

MustangMulch on here always posts pictures of his white GT w/ a design concepts hood. It looks good and he likes it. You might search for his user name and I bet you'd find at least one post w/ pics of the hood. He's posted them many, many times.:nice:

I've heard that w/ some of the "other" hoods, you may have to do a little more prep work than with Cervini's, but I have no personal experience with that.

I only trust two companies with fiberglass, cervinis and HO fibertrends. Everything else I have read about and been exposed to is junk. Half those companies are cincinatti composites operating under a dif name

YOU WILL SPEND THE DIFFERENCE IN PRICE AT THE BODY SHOP SO UNLESS YOU ARE A PAINTER THEN WAIT UNTIL YOU CAN PURCHASE A WELL FINISHED QUALITY MANUFACTURED HOOD, TRUST ME

ABC is garbage and so are Cincinnatti products. If you are a Mustang fanatic and want to make your car look real good, do yourself a favor and buy Cervini. If you cannot afford it, wait until you can, because trust me, you will not be dissappointed. It's just like buying a computer or TV, just a little more $$$ goes a long way. Cervini makes a damn good product. If you want pics of mine with a 1993 Cobra R hood, just Email me. [email protected].