Looking to ditch the Projectors for something else. Want One Piece w/o rice looks!

fawcett

Sep 10, 2003
Cohasset, Ma
I have had these projectors for too f-ing long. they suck balls.
My old stockers were better.
I would really like to get a set of one piece headlights but the only ones i have seen look too "imported."
I really want a set of clear one piece headlights with normal looking bulbs.
Can anyone help me find a set? I cant pay you anything but you would be making my day and helping me get another christmas present for the stang.
thanks,
-fawcett

• Sponsors (?)

damn, you don't like your projectors? i've had mine for like a month now and i really like them--probably 'cause my stockers REALLY sucked! i couldn't get the yellow out and the light was ****. plus i like the "new" technology over the old, unclear stockers.

only 1-pieces i've seen are those ricey-ass ones you're talking about. hmmm, what if you bought a set of black ones and modified them? glass the inside and smooth it out, then repaint them black? ... neh...

Ram000 said:
damn, you don't like your projectors? i've had mine for like a month now and i really like them--probably 'cause my stockers REALLY sucked! i couldn't get the yellow out and the light was ****. plus i like the "new" technology over the old, unclear stockers.

only 1-pieces i've seen are those ricey-ass ones you're talking about. hmmm, what if you bought a set of black ones and modified them? glass the inside and smooth it out, then repaint them black? ... neh...

How are u gonna make the lens one piece?

I have not seen any other 1-piece styles besides the ones that everyone knows about. I will be picking a set up of those when i get the time...might spray them down with night shades to give the lens a darker tint.

sounds like more work and headaches than i want.
honestly these lights suck for a few reasons:

my front drivers side one melted the clear off of my bumper underneith it
- not cool at all this really angers me!
the chrome inside of both of them is peeling off and bounching around
one of the clips snapped off of the passanger side one
they fog up sometimes- so do my clear corners
my clear corner's weather stripping lasted about 2 days then peeled off

This is all APC stuff, i thought since they are a big company they would have better products. the reason i went with these ones is because they are glass. i had a set of clear cobras with matching corners but when i used some tar and bug remover they instantly micro-spider web cracked all throughout the clear plastic lens. this also pissed me off to the point that i smashed them after Matrix Racing told me they wouldnt consider making a deal with me for a new set. i offered to send them and the tar and bug remover to the company so they could inspect it and what happened. then they really laid into me. bad customer service, they yelled at me!

i would kill for a set of glass one piece clear headlights for my black 1995 gts that fit right, and they have to fit right, not fog up, crack, de-chrome, or any other bs for atleast 2yrs.

-fawcett

1995 gts frpp 340bhp 302, d&d viper spec t56, mgw shifter, full exhaust, full mallory hi fire VI ignition, brembos all around, and just about everyother bolt on.

wow, fawcett, that sucks. i hate apc ****, i'd never buy any of their stuff. i got mine off ebay--a lot of guys have had success with them, including me.

you're right about the headaches--i wouldn't want to do all that. honestly, unless they came out w/ a different design, i'd never go w/ the 1-pc. i've also seen them installed in person and they look like ass, not only 'caus eof the ricer design, but because of the fit--they don't!

If you had the money, buy the one peice headlights, pop them in the oven to heat the silicone, take off the one peice lense, then get a set of clear cobra lights, join the 2 together, then reglue the one piece lense to it. hahaha. then you have a one piece headlights that looks normal, hahaha

Jeremy

i think that a 1-piece clear cobra head light would be sick, we should talk to some company and tell them to make some for us. as long as they dont look like ass they would be much cooler than the 4 piece design and those ricer 1pieces currently for sale. then we would be even cooler than those new edge stangs with their one piece head lights!
(ive got one piece head light envy towards those cars)
-fawcett

See i like that they are one piece, but i dont want my car to look like a UFO or space ship. I drive a Mustang not a flying saucer.
-fawcett
ps i am not trying to be rude or flame you, i just wish UPR wasnt so rice on those lights

fawcett said:
See i like that they are one piece, but i dont want my car to look like a UFO or space ship. I drive a Mustang not a flying saucer.
-fawcett
ps i am not trying to be rude or flame you, i just wish UPR wasnt so rice on those lights

I understand your view...but they look really good from a distance.
MVC-801F.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/v164/331StangKO/

I plan to spray them with night shades to that the lens doesnt have that clear/white look. I did it on my current black housing headlights and looks great. Should work even better on those.

And to let u know, with the tint spray in the day time u wont be able to see the extra unnecessary "designs" inside the housing. It will look like a 1-piece smoked headlight...then at night the lights will shine through. I think i just like the angel eye and other light effects most lol.

Attachments

• MVC-801F.jpg
    MVC-801F.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 80
DarkProphet said:
http://www.uprproducts.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=654

Are you talking about these lights? i know they offer them in chome and black...

Sure is sad that they copy paste that SAE/DOT crap on there.
9498_1pc_bk_lrg.gif

Without an amber side marker those lights are about as good as a banana.

Those lights have not been tested by anyone, and the kicker is that ricers will still think they are legit.

i agree with rio, the design doesnt complement our cars' design at all or its non-rice herritage. i am not trying to burn anyone with the current 1piece headlights, its just that they dont flow well with our car's lines and stock body kit. now depending on the way you choose to modify your body, the headlights may look good (like the pic of the stang above, i think they look ok with that bumper and body kit).

what company(or companies) should i try to talk to to get them to start making us some killer headlights? ill be the guinea pig and buy them first!
-fawcett

I'm willing to help, too. I think we should start with UPR.

I'm in the exact same boat as you fawcett. I want a 1 piece that doesn't look ricey. I have the stock yellows on there right now & have been looking for a nice set to compliment my car for a LONG time. Right now .... the only set that I like enough to buy is the 2 piece smoked Cobras from UPR. But I'm holding off for now ...... let's see what they have to say about it.