Drivetrain Looking To Get A New Engine And Transmission

Iron Rose

Jun 3, 2017
So I own a 78 stallion V8 and I've decided it's best to get a new engine built from scratch after all the issues I've been having.

My car is an automatic but I want my mustang to be manual. I'm looking to make my car sort of a touring car that uses the most common engine parts possible. It'll be a daily driver and I only plan on getting 400-450 horses out of the engine I get.

Do you guys know if any good manuals that you can fit into a mustang II? And any other help you may have on the subject?

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to Stangnet!

Going from auto to manual requires quite a few things that aren't available new from anywhere. But to answer the question you've asked, T5's fit well and many have swapped them - including myself.....

My King was swapped by previous owner from C4 to 4spd SROD. I swapped it to a T5, easy install with a Quicktime 6053 bell housing, and Classic Auto Reproductions trans cross-member. You will need the peddle group/brackets and firewall clutch cable adjuster tube from a manual car. (good luck finding those)