May 23, 2016
Getting ready to go coil over front. Most of the kits that I see are 220-240$,
and M/M is 375$. Are they worth the premium money ? My gut feeling is you
get what you pay for. Opinions ?

• Sponsors (?)

Getting ready to go coil over front. Most of the kits that I see are 220-240$,
and M/M is 375$. Are they worth the premium money ? My gut feeling is you
get what you pay for. Opinions ?

No experience with their coil overs, but as a rule of thumb it's safe to say MM > everyone else. Products are all top notch.

Reactions: 1 user
They are all pretty close to the same except MM goes the extra mile there customer service/instructions. If money isn't a factor and you've never dealt with coilovers before then i'd steer towards mm.

is your car, safety,time, and aggravation worth the extra money in doing it right the first time?
I've never heard anyone complain they installed a MM part and were not happy with the fit, quality, performance
I cannot say that about other companies - especially those that copy MM and sell cheap knockoffs

As other's have implied, you get what you pay for. A lot of these kits are fabbed outside the country with substandard techniques. Substandard parts crack and fail when pushed to limit which can lead to very dangerous situations. The top producers are M/M, UPR, and Steeda. I have actually had very bad luck with M/M parts myself, but their reputation is undeniable. On the other hand, I have known the fabricator for Steeda since I was 15 years old, which was a long long time ago, so I am kind of biased.

Kurt

There are two main strut housing diameters used by commonly available strut manufacturers. The cheap coilover sellers provide a one-size-fits-all sleeve that fits over both sizes of strut, and not very well, whereas MM sells two different sizes for a snug fit no matter what. The difference is, when you hear "coilovers are noisy", chances are they're using a one-size-fits-all kit that rattles.

Reactions: 1 users
I have the MM coil over kit on my hatch and I'm completely happy with the kit. The tech was spot on. I wanted a smooth comfy ride on the street with decent performance so they suggested the 175# spring and I got the Tokico Illumina 5 way adjustable struts to go with the kit. It was pricey but well worth it. My car handles well (street car) and absorbs the bumps very smoothly like I wanted. No noises, no rattles, top quality!!

MM coilover.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users
I ordered MM kit,without springs. Not sure just how soft I can go.
Street driven hot rod,weight transfer is my only concern.
9.5 Dart block,alternator only,batt's in rear,glass hood,skinnies

I ordered MM kit,without springs. Not sure just how soft I can go.
Street driven hot rod,weight transfer is my only concern.
9.5 Dart block,alternator only,batt's in rear,glass hood,skinnies
Like @A5literMan said, call the MM tech line. They are friendly and very helpful. Another way to do it is fill out their info form found on their website and email it to them. It took over a week for me to get a response back. You'll need to have a plan for the rear suspension or get one figured out since the front will need to work with the rear for a good end result.

The car has some work in the rear. UPR solid adjustable uppers,MM solid lowers
welded tbr,strange s/a,8 point c/m bar, (really a 6 point,with 2 kickers down to the sfc)
The car will be getting more bars in the center,that will also tie in the upper control arms
and the rear that will tie in the shock mounts. And still retain the rear seat.

I have had lengthy conversations with MM about my set up and what I wanted from the car. Bottom line they were willing to help walk me through any Tech questions I had. UPR and another company selling Viking components which were much more affordable priced flat out refused any Tech advice that wasn't on their website.
In hand the MM parts are clearly quality pieces and I would never hesitate to shop aftermarket suspension anywhere else.
This isn't a shameless plug, but simply customer experience.

The MM coil over conversion is complete. (along with a ton of other chassis changes)
Happy to report,they make no noise at all. The funny thing is I have done all kinds of
things that increase NVH,but that is function. Things like a squeaky dash or rattling exh.
drive me crazy. I did a fair amount of research beforehand and ''clunk on every bump''
was pretty common for many brands. So glad I spent the money on MM.

Reactions: 1 user