Mach 1 Hood Pin Alignment

dbdragracing

Dec 1, 2004
I have a '70 Mach 1 with factory hood pins. One hood pin latches great while the other keeps popping up. Is there any adjustment that allow the hood pins to go down further? Also, does the whole knob set flush with the trim ring? Sorry for the dumb question, but the car is in my grandmothers garage. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Yes, there is adjustments. There is a nut on the bottom side of the lock (have to look at it under the hood) Push the lock down while looking under there, and you will see that there is a locknut. You have to really loosen that nut up because there is a washer that is locked to the shaft and the nut itself. You can only adjust it one turn at a time so that the bent tabs on the locking washer will line up with the slot in the shaft. Then tighten up locknut again. Probably need to print this and have it with when looking at it. It is kind of a wierd setup. You also have adjustments (side to side and front to back) on the radiator support. This is where the lock stud goes into. Just have to loosen the 2 screws and adjust, then tighten. My locks do not sit flush. They need to move down a bit so that you can lock and unlock. Hope I just didn't get you more confused.:p