man! its insane how easy it gets to work on a fox

Foxfan88

My Grandpa has great wood.
Sep 13, 2004
Miami, Ok
i parked my car today and started tearing stuff down to make way for my vortech coming in monday. i was amazed at how easy it has become to work on this car. i took off the fan and shroud, alt, and that bracket and all the air inlet stuff, the crank pulley and balancer off. i was like WOW. i had it all off in no time, i hadnt even felt like i really started working yet.

same thing when pulling t5s, i have done it at least 5 times and i am a whiz at it now. used to i'd think "OH MAN i have to pull the tranny" nowadays its like "hmm i can have it out and on the table in less than an hour"

just pretty neat how over time you can gain the ability to tackle and repair with no fear or anything, after doing it so many times.

• Sponsors (?)

No kidding, my buddy is so damn good at pulling T5's he had one out in under a 36 minutes once. That's including jacking up the car and dropping the exhaust and drive shaft. I was impressed.

It always comes apart faster than it goes back together though.

Just goes to show the benefits of doing things yourself. :nice: I had been putting off installing my new x-pipe for the longest. I've done it before but never look forward to getting under a car on jackstands. Once I got out there it took maybe 30 minutes before the car was back on the ground and running. lol As far as pulling stuff off the engine. That has become almost second nature.

I seem to remember when you first started with that car Foxfann88. The hard work is definitely paying off man, congrats.

yeah i know exactly what you mean man. i've pulled so many t5's in all the stangs i've owned, from start to finish i can pull one in under 45 minutes. definitely a perk of doing things yourself. when i was rebuilding my motor, i pulled the motor out and tore it down to a bare block in less than 3 hours. it wasn't the first time pulling/installing a motor but it was the first time tearing one down. One of the MANY reasons fox's are bada$$!

oh ya the old 16 second days. i didnt know much then lol

i am glad i decided to stick with my car and make it run good. i could have got rid of it when it ran slow but i didnt. now its running 13.30s easily and after the vortech i am expecting to be deep into the 12s. then i will be after the 11s

The Fox Mustangs are a cool Automobile for sure, the Platform goes back to a 1978 Fairmont if I am not mistaken and there is enough new Technology in the car too to make it somewhat modern. Older Cars are "usually" a ton easier to work on than Newer ones!!!

Unfortunately, I won't be able to say the same thing when it comes time to do a water pump replacement. On a 4.6, it's a matter of about four or five bolts and bickety-bam, DONE; on poor Frankie's Capri, however ... we just learned today that the water pump has decided to water poop, the NEW fan has already cracked around the seams, AND it has another coolant leak up top. *scribbles more items onto never-ending Fox Fleet fix-it list* :(