Manual steering rack

Quebec88LX

May 7, 2002
Looking for a manual steering rack in canada. Sorry if it's the wrong place to post this....

Also, I have no AC and no smug pump, any suggestion on how to run the belt if I remove the Power Steering

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Yes I whant something like the flaming river, but I don't have 500$ to pend on it (married with kids, you know!).

older (79 to 84) mustang had manual steering and they fit my 88....

Attachments

• belt.jpg
    belt.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 96
Quebec88LX said:
Yes I whant something like the flaming river, but I don't have 500$ to pend on it (married with kids, you know!).

older (79 to 84) mustang had manual steering and they fit my 88....

The flaming river rack is pretty much the best thing out there but I agree that its pretty expensive. I was looking to get one but backed off when I saw the price. I didnt know the 79-84 had manual steering. Wonder if it would fit my 95...

I guess our belt routing is the same then. I thought it was a little bit different. Right now, I'm running EXACTLY the same thing as you.SAME excact position of the pulleys. I got no A/C and no A/P. I also got a shortbelt that I'll use for the track. I'll be bypassing power steering as well. I drove the car a few times without P/S and skinnies. I used the same routing BUT I went OVER the idler and not under. I know there's no "tracks" in the pulley for the belt but it worked. Not sure if It would work on a long term basis though.

This is the current belt routing (No ac and no s/p)
im002664.jpg

This is with the shortbelt.(sorry I dont have a better pic)
im002611.jpg

Here's a little diagram that shows the track routing.
smogdelete__ac_copy.jpg