may go different route, look

madtrucker

Oct 20, 2005
im really thinking of just pullin this 4.6 out and dropping in a 5liter, has anyone done this on here or know someone?

i got a 96 gt....

few questions.
1.is the k-member same (will 5.0 drop in and bolt up)
2.what all wiring would i need? just computer-out to engine?
3.really any other info will be great... thx

by the way,i was thinking of an engine out a 89-92 (how difficult would this be)

or should i just stick with a 94-95 5.0?

thx in advance

• Sponsors (?)

im really thinking of just pullin this 4.6 out and dropping in a 5liter, has anyone done this on here or know someone?

i got a 96 gt....

few questions.
1.is the k-member same (will 5.0 drop in and bolt up)
2.what all wiring would i need? just computer-out to engine?
3.really any other info will be great... thx

by the way,i was thinking of an engine out a 89-92 (how difficult would this be)

or should i just stick with a 94-95 5.0?

thx in advance

If you want to keep your ABS and other body modules your best bet would be to go with the electronics and harness off of a 96 and up 5.0 explorer. It would be difficult but possible with some help from a tuner to keep all your electronics that way. This would be the way I would do it since by doing this you will still be using a OBD2 EEC, depending on where you live that can be very important if they do emissions tests..

For example in Massachusetts if your car is OBD2 all you need to do to get a sticker is pass a OBD2 monitor test. If your car is OBD1 then the car has to go on the rollers and be smog tested