Mechanical Water Temp and Oil Pressure Gauge ?

I just wanted to make sure of one thing. I am going to get Sport Comp II mechanical Oil pressure and water temp gauges. And I wanted to make sure that I can just put the sending units in replace of the electrical ones (replace the stock sending unit on the lower intake with the autometer mechanical one, and the same for the oil pressure which is on the block).

Thanks
Matt

• Sponsors (?)

One thing that you will need to get for the water temp sensor to go in the stock location is an adapter. I believe that this is the adapter that you will need http://store.summitracing.com/partd...925228+4294923437+4294813350+115&autoview=sku
The gauge comes set up to go in a 1/2" NPT threaded hole but the threaded hole in the stock 5.0 intake is 3/8". I picked mine up at a local speed shop vs having to order it from summit.

One thing that you will need to get for the water temp sensor to go in the stock location is an adapter. I believe that this is the adapter that you will need http://store.summitracing.com/partd...925228+4294923437+4294813350+115&autoview=sku
The gauge comes set up to go in a 1/2" NPT threaded hole but the threaded hole in the stock 5.0 intake is 3/8". I picked mine up at a local speed shop vs having to order it from summit.

Thanks for the tip! Autometer has that tip online too in the installation section.

I just looked up those gauge clusters from florida 5.0. I really like them... I read something about that cars with cruise control have a vehicle speed sensor that can be used with those florida 5.0 gauge clusters.. My question is regarding switching Speedo's from a KPH to 160 MPH Gauge... Would it be acurate? Or do you need to replace the Sensor aswell??

I just looked up those gauge clusters from florida 5.0. I really like them... I read something about that cars with cruise control have a vehicle speed sensor that can be used with those florida 5.0 gauge clusters.. My question is regarding switching Speedo's from a KPH to 160 MPH Gauge... Would it be acurate? Or do you need to replace the Sensor aswell??

I'm not sure, but autometer does car kph speedos too I thought,,,