Melbourne area stangs

Topstang2001 said:
To hell with those roller rockers.The damn things are 1,750 bucks!Hell with getting a second job to.I work seven days a week I dont need a second job. :shrug:

Gee, I thought my Probe shaft mount roller rockers were expensive. I think I will stay with the venerable Ford small block for a while longer.

• Sponsors (?)

Glenn88lx said:
Gee, I thought my Probe shaft mount roller rockers were expensive. I think I will stay with the venerable Ford small block for a while longer.
I think the reasons why they are that high is..
1.NO body else makes after market roller rockers for the 4.6
2.So they want to take advantage of that very reason
3.The people with the high end 4.6 drag cars will in fact buy them
4.No compention means more profit

Well I guess give it a year and they will be half the price for Im sure Crane and everyone else will get a set out.I didnt even tell you what the cobra ones are priced at.Just times that figure by 2.

:notnice: Ouch.. Think about it this way...those roller rockers cost more than a new 302 short block. A few hundred more as a matter of fact.

Anyways...who all's gonna be at Melbourne Square Mall this Saturday? Furthermore, who's gonna be on the dyno? I sure as hell will be.

What time saturday is all this going on? I gotta work at 5pm so I can hit it up before that if there's gonna be other stangers. I'll try and get some more from around here as well. Also, what's the event...sorry i'm lazy and don't wanna back track.

fred

Woohoo, those Bennigan's waitresses are grade a. :nice:

Cant wait til Saturday..this dyno is gonna rock. Except my tranny slips so bad that I'm probably gonna only read like 250 at the wheels..it's gonna be sad. That and the car is running like ****...I think I've got a sensor going out. My best guess was the MAF since it's practically the only thing I havent replaced yet, so I ordered a 70mm 19 lb. Granatelli unit from AutoPro for $280. It'll be in tomorrow...cross your fingers for me, cause otherwise I'll have no CLUE what's wrong and end up taking it to a shop. :nonono:

OrLackThereof said:
My best guess was the MAF since it's practically the only thing I havent replaced yet, so I ordered a 70mm 19 lb. Granatelli unit from AutoPro for $280. It'll be in tomorrow...cross your fingers for me, cause otherwise I'll have no CLUE what's wrong and end up taking it to a shop. :nonono:

That sounds like an expensive guess to me. It would only cost about $60 or so to get it diagnosed by someone that knows what they are doing I would think.

Ok, who's AutoX'n this weekend? I may return for the Sept. event. Haven't made up my mind yet. If I do, it will be to get some seat time, nothing more.

BTW, I've been import free for 3wks. A guy I work with bought the Sprint and loves it. I'm glad he's happy, and the car is running well for him. Selling a car to someone you know(and see everyday) isn't one of my favorite things, but he really liked the car when he saw it and needed a car quickly. I was worried that the car would crap out on him, since it had been parked for the better part of 4 months.

94_Teal_GT said:
Ok, who's AutoX'n this weekend? I may return for the Sept. event. Haven't made up my mind yet. If I do, it will be to get some seat time, nothing more.

I will be there for sure, both days. I think Pro50kid and Wolfhound might show up too. Not sure if either one will enter or not, but I doubt it. Prolly just watch.

Congrats on selling the SaZook!

BTW are you registered on the MMOB website?

Glenn, oh it's a DAMN expensive guess. But here's why I'm making it. Replaced items: Spark plugs, plugwires, cap and rotor, ignition coil, IAC valve, coolant temp sensor, Throttle Position sensor, EGR valve, both O2 sensors, PCV valve, all fuel injectors, fuel filter, and air filter. I don't know what else could be making it act like that...and I figure the MAF, if it doesnt solve my problems, will at least be a nice upgrade. If the MAF doesn't solve the issues I'm having, then I WILL have it diagnosed, because I'll just be making shots in the dark.....

Glenn88lx said:
I will be there for sure, both days. I think Pro50kid and Wolfhound might show up too. Not sure if either one will enter or not, but I doubt it. Prolly just watch.

Congrats on selling the SaZook!

BTW are you registered on the MMOB website?
I don't think I have anything going on Sunday. I think I'm going to try to stop by.

Yeah, I'm glad it's sold. I was getting ready to call the junkyard.

And no I'm not signed up there.

Well I could only gather up 2 stangers to go to melbourne. I was thinking about dynoing but I'm not gonna pull anything more then what I did the last time. Anyways, my friends gonna dyno his brothers car so that should be pretty good...better be some other stangers representing. ;)

fred

Unfortunately I didn't get to dyno my car....I was like 2 or 3 down the list from the last one they dynoed that night. It sucked man...cause I drove the car home and the tranny gripped solid the entire time...not to mention the cold air and the new MAF, which claims to add 15 hp on a STOCK 2000 Z28 Camaro with no other modifications.... All I gotta say is...the car hauled BALLS coming home. If only I could've hauled balls on that dyno... :bang:

Here's a question for yall....what's a loose rocker arm sound like? My engine is making these bad noises..can't hear them from inside the car, but under the hood, it's a click..sort of like an injector tick, but louder and slightly different..and the tone and sound of it changes. Sounds like it's coming from the dead middle of the engine, maybe slightly toward the passenger side valve cover. Car doesn't act abnormal except it likes to stumble and surge for a few seconds going from a hard acceleration to a 3rd gear cruise at over 2000 rpms. Higher rpms feels fine...no odd noises, no power loss or anything.

And as a reference point...am I the only one that can hear engine exhaust notes coming from the engine bay itself, not past the mufflers??

There's always SOMETHING wrong..... :shrug:

1Bad89Coupe said:
What's up MAN???? Long time no see, hear about Spina? The black coupe is a goner :( How's the car running anyway?

What happened to Spina? I haven't heard anything from joe or jay...but then again I haven't talk to them a few weeks. My cars running pretty good, just having problems with starting right now. I think there's a short some where or a bad ground. Other then that it's running pretty good. How's your car coming along?... I'm sure your slacking huh?;)

fred

That could be a rocker arm. I had one that needed adjusted on mine. It was a distinct ticking from my valve cover. Mine was pretty bad, and I could hear it from inside the car. But why would one be loose already, wasn't that whole engine just assembled?

Brian