Melbourne area stangs

• Sponsors (?)

The MMOB board is a members only one, you need to post on the newbie section and get an admin to give you access. No big deal, it just helps to keep some of the trolls at bay.

As for autocrossing, ESP is going to be pretty empty this year, as I am planning a move to STX in a new vehicle to be named later, and occasionally playing on practice days in SM2 with the Kenne Bell'd 90 GT.

Where is the Newbie section?

Jason

2Cool said:
The MMOB board is a members only one, you need to post on the newbie section and get an admin to give you access. No big deal, it just helps to keep some of the trolls at bay.

As for autocrossing, ESP is going to be pretty empty this year, as I am planning a move to STX in a new vehicle to be named later, and occasionally playing on practice days in SM2 with the Kenne Bell'd 90 GT.

I assume you're leaving the converter with it too? I'd love to buy that from you, but it might be another month or so before I can get any money. I'm in the process of trying to lock down a job at Tire Kingdom...if that goes through then I'll get some positive income and actually start fixing this thing. Til then I won't have any money though...the rest I'm gonna have is going towards getting the bike on the road til I can fix the car. But I'll set that cam aside for ya if you set that tranny aside for me?

And I'll give ya a factory, never ran explorer cam for, say, $20 chopped off that $75? :D

I can make room in the garage I think....

Give me a call some time....723-2681.

And I've only got a few other things to get rid of as far as parts go. I've got a working factory MAF that I cleaned up a little w/ some chrome paint... Also got a Bosch 8-blade shrouded electric fan and the temperature control unit for it. Used to be on my car. Got a stock fuel pressure regulator too.

jokerj280 said:
Just wanted to say hello to all...Just registered for the board. I live in Cocoa/Canaveral Groves and my newest toy is a 96 Mystic cobra. If anyone knows of any car shows or hangouts let me know...I haven't found anything going on around here..

Jason

I think I seen you today driving down Grissom.....there aren't many mystic cobra's so i'll only assume it was you.

david97gt46 said:
Just wondering if any of the palm bay/melbourne folks are coming up to gainsville for the autoX on sunday. i know glenn said he was coming...anyone else? guys this is a mini-race track, full turns-much higher speed(60-80 mph maybe)...cant miss event..

Hey Dave, yes I will be going. There aren't very many Mustang guys still doing the AX thing down here. TJ and I were the only regulars in ESP and Teal_94_GT came out for a few. Dan Beckett only made a couple all year due to his being out of town a lot. I think the rest of the "Mustang Gang" is more into car shows, hanging out and the occassional trip to Spinworld.

I will be driving the 95 GT in the CP class this weekend with Tim Kramer in his Fox body hatch and any other CP's that might happen to show up. The GT has no balls at all but it is a sweet handler.

See you there!

Glenn88lx said:
Hey Dave, yes I will be going. There aren't very many Mustang guys still doing the AX thing down here. TJ and I were the only regulars in ESP and Teal_94_GT came out for a few. Dan Beckett only made a couple all year due to his being out of town a lot. I think the rest of the "Mustang Gang" is more into car shows, hanging out and the occassional trip to Spinworld.

I will be driving the 95 GT in the CP class this weekend with Tim Kramer in his Fox body hatch and any other CP's that might happen to show up. The GT has no balls at all but it is a sweet handler.

See you there![/QUOTE

G- If your looking for some open track time this year try- www.seat-time.com
they run events at Roebling Road in Savannah, GA. and www.chinmotorsports.com they run a lot at Sebring. I'm looking at both of there schedules right now. I've run a lot with Chin(great group-tons of run time). dont know too much about seat time(looks cheaper)

Ive got a question I want your guys' opinions on... Since I need new pushrods and guideplates...I've been considering setting the valves at zero lash. Now I'm planning on buying hardened pushrods of course....probably some one piece chrome-molys. Would I be ok with zero valve lash up through 6000 rpms? Or do I need to have some lash to avoid bending the pushrods that high up?

OrLackThereof said:
Ive got a question I want your guys' opinions on... Since I need new pushrods and guideplates...I've been considering setting the valves at zero lash. Now I'm planning on buying hardened pushrods of course....probably some one piece chrome-molys. Would I be ok with zero valve lash up through 6000 rpms? Or do I need to have some lash to avoid bending the pushrods that high up?

You don't want lash, you want pre-load. Set your rockers so that when each cylinder is at TDC you have about 1/4 to 1/2 turn pre-load on the lifter.

I pre-loaded my lifters using shims since I have pedestal rockers and stock pushrods. I shifted at 6200 RPM and pulled 6400 through the last light at the strip. Never had a problem with valve train.

HTH,

Glenn

Probably was...There is only 1 other mystic that I have seen in this area and I have only seen it once. Are there any car shows coming up anytime soon? Or is anyone going to go to Orlando Speedworld this sunday for Funday Sunday?

Jason

1Bad89Coupe said:
I think I seen you today driving down Grissom.....there aren't many mystic cobra's so i'll only assume it was you.

Do what glenn said. Thats the same way I have set up every motor I have built...never had a problem.

Jason

OrLackThereof said:

So I assume pre-load is going PAST zero lash and keeping pressure on the valves? I'll do that as long as I'm not going to put too much stress on anything. But the valves and springs and all that are all Edelbrock (obviously since the heads are Edelbrocks)....and I'm probably putting some nice pushrods in...got 1.6 SVO rockers.....so the only stock parts will be the lifters.