a91what

SendMeUrDataLog
Mod Dude
Apr 6, 2011
Hillsborough county
Did you alter the ign output?
Micro has to be set to going low
Ms2pnp going high
Altering this setting changes the edge that the spark happens and will move the timing up to 20* it may be heavily retarded

• Sponsors(?)

Waz900

Apr 22, 2005
Sewell, New Jersey
I believe I have this set to going low. You recommended this to me when I first started having issues and I think it was set to that. I will double check it though.

The last time I was able to get it to run, I was running rich and was trying to lower the values in my fuel table for the rpm and it stalled out. I have my initial settings for 24lb injectors and a 306 motor. Is there anything I should look at for startup fuel to make sure it’s getting what it needs to fire?

For context from a mechanical standpoint, my coil is a Motorcraft unit I just replaced. My wires are not new, but they’ve been replaced within the last 3-years. My plugs were new autolite 104s gapped to 54, but I’ll check to see if trying to crank it so much burned them out? I replaced the tfi unit last month, and I’ve even tried a different distributor that I have from a buddy. I’ve previously tested the injector harness with a noid light to make sure they were getting a signal and they were.

Waz900

Apr 22, 2005
Sewell, New Jersey
I pulled the plugs and double-checked my settings last night. The plugs looked fuel-soaked. Even the anti-seize I put on the threads was watery-looking like it had fuel mixed in. Since they were practically brand new I tried cleaning them with brake clean and a wire brush and let them dry. Once I got through that, it still did not turn over. I have to admit, I’m pretty stumped and frustrated. I tried a different distributor but got the same results. Im going to try testing my spark at the plugs, injectors and wires again to see if anything presents itself.

Waz900

Apr 22, 2005
Sewell, New Jersey
I have tried that. It did not seem to have an effect. I’m going to go back to the drawing board and probably go through the no-start checklist. It’s just baffling that it ran well right from the base tune that came with the microsquirt to not running at all. Am I able to download base tunes from EFISource? Or if I contact them, would they send me one?