Might buy a speed boat!

• Sponsors (?)

thinking about buying a boat.. thougt i would share the boat that i am looking at! It is a used boat to......its a 32 foot spectre cat....my dad has owned a boat the exact same as this one and i really enjoyed it....here is a link to it ,let me no what you think!!

http://www.spectrepowerboats.com/classifieds/index.php?page=out&id=14

They are pricy!!!!!! but lots of fun. Just be sure you can afford the depreciation and gas!!!!! My family has had boats for a long time and Dad just sold his at about 75% Depreciation after 5 years... on a boat just a little less expensive than that one!!!!!!! You can do the math. My brother just gave away a 1979 boat with only about 200 hours on the motor!!! He couldn't even get 1K for it and we are in so'cal... the land of endless summer.

220K is a lot of money and expect to take a big, big hit when you want to sell it. There aren't many people that can pony up for a luxury like this one.

On the upside, as you already know, there is not much better than spending a day on the water. Good luck on your decision.

Matt

What do they say: The happiest day of a boat owner's life is the day they buy the boat and the day they sell it.
That is an awesome boat though. Boating is a very expensive hobbie.
I wish I could have the best of both worlds, owning a nice Mustang and a nice boat.
Good luck brother.

I think a nice summer day and a boat = perfection...but here in NJ we only get about 3 months to really use one so i never purchased one. I just go out on my friends boats and will pay for fuel for the day so that makes me a welcome guest anytime i want to be...they are however one of the worst investments ever! Only buy with money you don't need because they depreciate rather quickly. Its definately a rich mans hobby.

That is one sick boat! I can't really look at it and not think of the Phoenix Suns, but that's alright I guess. I like the Suns. If I had the money, I'd get one too. Unfortunately, I'm about $219,000 short right now.

Sick boat, but if you can afford it why are driving something like a mustang, you also have a ferrari that you don't have listed in your sig?
I love speed boats myself but no way could I afford one that nice unless I plan on living out of my car. I will probably pick up a used 27ft Baja in the future. Nothing too fast, but still a pretty nice boat with some balls.

I got a decent 17 foot boat with a 90hp outboard for $1800 on the trailer. Hull is great, motor is brand new. I'm gradually fixing up the interior. Its looking really nice and does the job.

Boats are such a pain to maintain for the little time you use them that I wouldn't want to invest a lot of money in one. I'd rather have a cruiser than a speed boat for that cash anyway.

Do you live on the water? If not I wouldn't even bother. If I had to trailer mine in and out I'd never use it.

I got a decent 17 foot boat with a 90hp outboard for $1800 on the trailer. Hull is great, motor is brand new. I'm gradually fixing up the interior. Its looking really nice and does the job.

Boats are such a pain to maintain for the little time you use them that I wouldn't want to invest a lot of money in one. I'd rather have a cruiser than a speed boat for that cash anyway.

Do you live on the water? If not I wouldn't even bother. If I had to trailer mine in and out I'd never use it.

we have a family cottage on the water....we dont live there full time....just in the summer